Award-winning DP specializing in a high-end look using an ENG budget. I have worked on many network and cable series and have shot a variety of documentaries for broadcast and non-broadcast clients. I regularly collaborate with independent producers of commercial productions and have produced script-to-screen videos for many fortune 500 corporations.
Producers value my more than 30 years experience shooting different styles including news magazine programs, ENG, film-style documentaries, commercial and corporate video. I have a reputation of combining my experience in still photography with creativity and practicality to achieve the best looking motion pictures. I am well traveled. Productions have sent me to different countries and to practically every State in the Union. I have received a variety of awards for outstanding achievements in creativity and production quality.
My goal is to continually improve the process to produce the highest quality productions while striving to achieve client’s objectives and surpass their expectations. I provide expertise in the form of complete HD shooting packages with network quality crews including Sony and Panasonic HD broadcast cameras, Canon broadcast lenses, extensive audio, lighting and support equipment. I am a CamMate jib owner/operator and also provide location prompter services. For detailed production capabilities, visit me at www.rbcommunications.net.
Robert Matzen has been in the industry since 1982.
Equipment / Gear / Software
- CamMate Jib - 8-25 feet long, remote operated, CineKinetics Jib - manual operation
- Panasonic HDX900, HPX500 cameras - DVC Pro HD (tape and P2)
- Sony PDW355 XDCam HD, HVR270S HDV, DSR450 DVCam cameras
- One Ton Grip Truck - Matthews, norms, American grip gear
- Lighting - K5600 HMIs, Arri, LTM, ETC, Kino Flo
- Portable Teleprompter, CamMate Doorway Dolly
- Complete Sound Package - Lectrosonics UHF, Sony mixer, Countryman, Sennheiser, EV, AT microphones, Zoom Recorder
- Sony F3 complete cine package
Clients / Credits
- News Magazine - 60 Minutes, 48 Hours, Dateline, Today Show, The Early Show, Good Morning America
- Documentary - Nat Geo, Food Network, History Channel, Discovery, A&E
- Corporate - General Motors, Sherwin-Williams, Mercedes-Benz, Levi Strauss, Microsoft, Rolls Royce, J
- OfficeMax, Key Bank, UPS, Burger King, Glidden Paints, Pepsi, FedEx
- ENG all major networks - ABC, BBC, CBS, CNBC, CNN, ESPN, HBO, HDNet, PBS
Associations / Organizations
Awards / Honors
- 10 Telly Awards
- 7 ITVA/MCAI Awards
- 4 IABC Awards
- 2 American Marketing Association Award
This profile has not yet received any recommendations.
I have not recommended anyone.
Is there something wrong with this profile?
(Broken link, misspelling, profanity, etc.)
Use this form to report it and optionally add a comment telling us what the problem is.
Main: (440) 946-9511
Mobile: (440) 479-8771