Greetings! Thanks for looking over my posting. Basically, I'm a storyteller.
I've been working in video and new media for over 20 years, mostly as writer and editor, sometimes both on the same project.
SCRIPT WRITING - If your creative direction is set, but you need the structure of a full script to get going, by all means give me a call. I’m a trained screenwriter with three features and 20 shorts under my belt. I’ve written literally hundreds of videos for corporate clients. And I’m equally at home with fully scripted dramas or comedies, and largely unscripted documentaries. Whether you need the smooth narrative flow of a screenplay or the shot-by-shot detail of an AV script, I can turn your ideas into a tight, clear, manageable form.
EDITING - Because I'm also a writer and director, I bring a lot of capabilities to the edit room. I have repeatedly innovated post-production workflows to take advantage of evolving technology. For example, I developed a new editing technique using an early non-linear system to improve quality and shorten schedules for interview-driven programs; this eliminated the need for transcripts and “paper edits." I upgraded this technique in 2010 to permit media hand-off from the remote production unit via FTP; this let shooting and editing advance simultaneously, without tape dubs or drive clones. And I used Final Cut Pro Media Reconnection across multiple editing locations to permit fast, efficient sharing of projects among several editors; this eliminated the need to ship hard drives.
I generally work at my home office in Northern New Jersey, but I can take a Final Cut Pro system on the road when necessary. So... if you have a project and need a writer, editor or both, by all means give me a shout. Thanks!
Don Riemer has been in the industry since 1988.
A short drama written and directed by Paul Williams, a friend from my writing group.
Equipment / Gear / Software
Final Cut Pro, portable package with MXO HD monitoring, storage as required
Clients / Credits
- The Seeing Eye, TV documentary, 4 public information videos, writer, director, producer, editor
- Schiff Nature Preserve, TV documentary, editor
- The Guardian Angels, public information video, gala opener, editor
- IBM, presentation for 1999 Edelman Award Presentation, writer
- Roche, over 150 training and motivational videos, writer, director, producer, editor
- NJPSA, promotional video for teachers, director, editor
- FireDancer Productions, series of videos on Co-Occurring Disorders, editor
- Ricoh, interactive training program on copier technology, writer, editor
- Piatt Films, The Small Multiple (award winning short) writer
- Roche, "Roche Is" company overview video, writer, director, producer, editor
- Roche, "Innovation" technology series, director, editor
Associations / Organizations
- MCA-I, New Jersey Chapter
Awards / Honors
- New York Festivals of Film and Television silver medal
- Business Marketing Association Impact Award
- ITVA award for Public Relations video
- IABC ACE Award for educational video
- American Corporate Video Award for promotional video
- Quarter-finalist in The Writer's Network Screenplay and Fiction Competition
- First place, April 2007, MoviePoet.com writing competition
- Semi-finalist, MoviePoet.com Feature Script Competition, 2009
- Third place, January 2007, MoviePoet.com writing competition
- Deb recommends Don Riemer
"Don is the man you want to do all your video work, his capabilities include writing, production, editing and has turned amazing work around in ridiculous timelines. I have had the pleasure of working with Don over the past 8 years and at times have spent 10 minutes describing what my vision was for the end product and within 24 hours, he has an outline, location recommendations and is ready to shoot!
He is a great talent and a great partner to collaborate with, I recommend him highly."
- David Anderson recommends Don Riemer
"Don Riemer is incredible. He opens up an idea and is able to develop it with a fresh eye all the way through. Don demonstrates his skills with pragmatism, improvisation and wonder. He merges art and technology to produce work that hits all the right spots and connects on a variety of layers. "
- Chris Messineo recommends Don Riemer
"Don Riemer is a complete pleasure to work with. His creativity is boundless. His dedication and effort are without measure. His wealth of experience and knowledge of the craft are phenomenal. I have had the opportunity to work with him on many projects and he always exceeds my expectations."
- UrbanAmish recommends Don Riemer
"As the studio director for Peggy Karr Glass, I had the pleasure of working closely with Don over many days while filming the company's documentary promotional video. The filming of the video could have been a disastrous and disruptive intrusion to the manufacturing process of a very busy facility. Instead became a smooth professionally orchestrated production by Don and crew. Don is the person to have on your team!"
- William D. Prystauk recommends Don Riemer
"Don's work is always well executed because his planning is phenomenal and he pays attention to every detail. Furthermore, Don's editing skills are spot-on as well as seamless. If someone's work is an extension of self, than Don is clearly one of the most professional people you will ever meet."
- Tanya recommends Don Riemer
"Don edited a documentary for my non profit organization. We were blown away by his creativity, professionalism, resourcefulness and intuition in every step of production and we would not have competed this project without him. I cannot imagine finding a better person to work with in this industry."
- Maria von Torfeld recommends Don Riemer
"I have worked with Don for over 10 years as a makeup artist .
He is always very well prepared and proffecional ,
- a real pleasure to work with."
- James Higginbotham recommends Don Riemer
"I've worked with Don Over the years as a Cameraman. I like working with Don always prepared and ready before he gets to the set from the first shot to the end. In Short A professional"
- Ralph recommends Don Riemer
"Don edited numerous video clips into a cohesive program with a beautifully designed menu and other features. Don's work is extremely professional and aesthetically pleasing. The completed work exceeded my expectations. And he is a really nice guy and easy to deal with."
I have not recommended anyone.
Is there something wrong with this profile?
(Broken link, misspelling, profanity, etc.)
Use this form to report it and optionally add a comment telling us what the problem is.