Adam Sauermilch is an independent filmmaker with a B.F.A in Video from the Maryland Institute College of Art. He takes his inspiration from an urban environment having grown up in Brooklyn, NY and from his extensive travels abroad.
As an independent filmmaker, his films have been officially accepted into festivals in New York, New Jersey, Maryland and California as well as credited on Imdb.com. He is also an editor and cinematographer with a range of credits including the editor and 2nd cameraman for a documentary titled "A Tribute to David Carradine" starring David Carradine, Bruce Dern, Rip Torn, Mariel Hemmingway and Charles Durning, presented on CBS and distributed by Lionsgate Entertainment.
The sound editor for a feature film titled "Go-Go Motel", the lighting director and sound editor for a feature film titled "Night50", both screened at the Chicago Underground Film Festival and most recently the director of photography for Magnet Media at fashion week at Bryant Park covering designers like Ducky Brown and Rachel Comey.
Equipment / Gear / Software
Sony EX3 XDCAM
8GB SxS Media
32GB SxS Media
Davis & Sanford PRO VISTA TRIPOD w/ FM18 HD w/ W3-DOLLY
Sennheiser ME66/K6 - Super-Cardioid Short Shotgun Condenser Microphone Kit
28mm Nikkor Lens
105mm Nikkor Lens
50mm Nikkor Lens
Red Rock Micro Encore 35mm adapter
Matte Box w/ flag kit
Follow Focus Kit
Final Cut Pro editing suite
Mac Power Station w/ Dual Monitors
Clients / Credits
- Brillig Productions, Los Angeles, California - Assistant Editor and 2nd Camera for “Golden Boys” A t
- Magnet Media, Inc., New York, New York - Director of Photography for Adobe sponsored internet series
- Brillig Productions, Los Angeles, California - Editor and 2nd Camera for “Chatham Behind the Scenes”
- Studio Three Film Company, Baltimore, Maryland - Sound editor for feature film “Go-Go Motel” directe
- Greene Street Films, New York, New York - Production Assistant for “Tenderness” motion picture shoot
- City Lights Productions, New York, New York - Production Assistant and Line Wrangler for 3 AMC (Amer
- Dingaling Studio, New York, New York - Assistant to renowned artist Olafur Thordarson assisting with
Awards / Honors
- Nominated for Grainger Marburg Traveling Fellowship
- Nominated for Wing-gate Fellowship Grant
- Short film screened in Tribeca Cinemas part of fundraiser
- Short film screened at NY Independent and Int’l Film &Video Festival
- Short film screened at LA Freewaves Festival
- Short film screened at Heritage Film and Video Festival
- Short film screened at Index Art Center (IAC)
This profile has not yet received any recommendations.
I have not recommended anyone.
Is there something wrong with this profile?
(Broken link, misspelling, profanity, etc.)
Use this form to report it and optionally add a comment telling us what the problem is.