Ryan Balton has been in studio and on location since birth, following a generations of Baltons in the film and TV business. Ryan has been a jib assistant on a variety of major productions, including Inside the NFl, Rescue Me and the Tony Awards.
Currently a television, radio, film student at the Newhouse School of Syracuse University, Ryan is on the executive board of Syracuse's student TV station, CitrusTV. He is a director, producer, TD and videographer for a variety of CitrusTV's live entertainment, news and sports programs.
Ryan's independent productions have been honored by the History Channel, the International Cinematographers Guild and the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. A leader in the tri-state NY, NJ, PA community, Ryan volunteers at the local library and schools and works for a variety of local photography and Web clients.
Ryan is available as a camera operator, editor on Final Cut Pro, jib assistant, production assistant and utility.
Ryan Balton has been in the industry since 2004.
Equipment / Gear / Software
Sony HD1000U, Canon GL2, Apple Mac Pro with Final Cut Studio, access to Jimmy Jib Triangles at 40 feet and the telescoping "Techno Jib"
Clients / Credits
- CitrusTV - director, producer, TD, videographer
- Rescue Me - jib assistant
- 2008 Tony Awards - jib assistant
- 2009 Celebrity Apprentice finale - jib assistant
- Gettysburg: Three Days of Destiny - production assistant
- Throw it Down: The Movie - jib assistant
- Pike County Press - reporter, photographer, videographer
- The Gazette (Times Herald-Record) - correspondent
- Reliable Paper Recycling - promotional video/DVD production
- American Cancer Society Relay for Life of Delaware Valley - event video production, cable TV ad prod
- Showtime's Inside the NFL promos - jib assistant
Associations / Organizations
- Syracuse University Society of Professional Journalists
Awards / Honors
- History Channel - top 25 documentary in the nation "Save our History" contest
- National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences - John Canon Memorial Scholarship top 10 runner up
- International Cinematographers Guild - Scholarship grant
- Black Bear Film Festival
This profile has not yet received any recommendations.
I have not recommended anyone.
Is there something wrong with this profile?
(Broken link, misspelling, profanity, etc.)
Use this form to report it and optionally add a comment telling us what the problem is.
Main: (646) 265-2620
Alt: (570) 296-2733
Mobile: (646) 265-2620