SENIOR VIDEO ENGINEER
A highly motivated Video Engineering Professional recognized as a valued contributor to diverse teams, with a history of developing and supporting successful projects and solutions incorporating diverse environments, cultures, applications and technologies. Acknowledged as an innovator, able to drive Engineering and Quality Assurance best practices and methodologies, while acting as a conduit in communication between Engineering, Product Management, Sales, and Customers. A top team member and individual contributor skilled in developing relationships through attention to detail, subject matter expertise, personal commitment and technical knowledge.
* Technically savvy and a quick study in emerging technology, able to quickly assess and utilize the appropriate response to meet the needs of the technical requirement at hand. A welcome addition to any team, able to function in any role necessary to ensure project success and on time project delivery.
* Success oriented, possessing an extensive knowledge of the processes, procedures and policies necessary to consistently produce a superior product and service. Well organized, with superb presentation, verbal, and written communication skills, able to function in any role necessary to facilitate success
Video Engineering Solution Development Performance Optimization Global Delivery Communication
Digital Video Optimization and Support Live Streaming Videography Broadcast Master Control
Flash Media Encoder Video Engineering Digital Audio/Video CODECS Video Editing
Encoding Software Flash Media Live Encoder Wowza Server Flash Media Server
Streaming Video Software Installation Hardware Software Digital Rapids
Project Management Client Relationship Management
Video Engineering Consultant New York, NY 2005-Present
Provide subject matter expert level consulting services to a wide array of commercial and private clients on all aspects of Video Engineering, IT and broadcast based live and on-demand trans-coding and streaming systems integration, broadcast post production and tape systems, as well as support for web and mobile devices. Manage Technical Projects, including production start-ups, company consolidation and video conversion software development. Select engagements include:
Digital Media Expert/Verizon Basking Ridge, NJ 2012-present
* Own design for video adaptor software development effort for automated video QC tools integration.
* Develop release management for next generation Video On Demand delivery service.
* Cross-departmental consulting on live and on-demand video technologies.
Senior Video Enginer/ SSSD Inc New York, NY 2012
* Implemented engineering and release priorities for all video related systems, live events and on demand.
* Video media systems life-cycle, architecture/design, implementation, testing, and post-release support.
Digital Video Engineer/CNBC Englewood Cliffs, NJ 2010
* Provide L2 /L3 operational support for technology portfolio of custom/commercial products and solutions for ingesting, trans-coding, publishing and delivery of digital media on site.
* Developed and build out enterprise level encoding, trans-coding and streaming infrastructure for web and mobile platforms, both live and on-demand, for partners and company web applications.
* Facilitated purchase and installation of state of the art video streaming/encoding hardware and software.
Viasat Sport (TV3), Danish Broadcasting Corporation, SBS TV Denmark 2005-2008
Managed all facets of Transmission Control for two live high definition television channels, TV2 HD Channel (Denmark), and Viasat Sport HD Channel (Sweden, Norway).
Transmission Engineer 2008
* Facilitated development of workflow analysis and suggestions in cooperation with System Engineers.
* Reported system bugs to Developers to enhance system design and workflow improvements.
Master Control Technician 2006-2008
* Signal routing of all radio and television signal sources for DR (Denmark) and Telenor (Norway).
* Coordinated first line on-site tech support for Denmarks 24/7 satellite transmissions control hub.
Master Control Technician/Transmission Engineer 2005- 2006
* Operated origination equipment, including graphics devices, switchers, and routers, as well as videotape machines and associated scopes and meters, air logs, play lists, and integration of live events.
* Maintained an exact Programming Log of on air events, as well as escalated any on or off air problems.
Open Text Video Services New York, NY 2010-2011
Video Support Engineer
In-house Technical Support for OTVS Cloud solutions utilized for video content publishing, used both internally at Open Text and for external customers. Provided extensive consultation on HTML5 compatible video formats, file types, desktop and server encoding tools to internal staff and management.
* Functioning as a Project Manager, responsible for the build out and testing of an Art Video Encoding System for OTVS Online Video Platform. Utilized open source encoding tools extensively.
* Managed subsequent integration of new Encoding Platform into the web service.
The Copenhagen Voice Copenhagen, Denmark 2008-2010
Chief Technology Officer/ Founder
Developed a digital streaming and on-demand Web TV Channel that included content development for Web 2.0 Social Networks and News Program production. Developed full digital workflow implementations, programmed and designed java script/flash widgets for embedding on websites, as well as set up and instructed Journalists on tools necessary for streaming live mobile video and ENG.
* Functioned as a Producer in a virtual studio, coordinated and streamed live events.
* Provided Mac OSX support to Journalists and Videographers in the field.
Technicolor Video Services Pandrup, Denmark 1998-2005
Technical Consultant/ Project Manager
Established company operations for first-time production in Denmark, assisted in the build out of a Control Room and Copying System that supported all of Scandinavia. Actively involved in all facets of production planning, logistics, comprehensive technical troubleshooting, content subtitling, and video duplication.
* Provided one on-one-training to company personnel in all aspects of audio and video copying techniques, quality control, quality assurance, production procedures, and field deployment and logistics.
* Managed, scheduled and supervised eight Employees on night shift.
Certificate in Java/Linux Consultation IT Technical College Aalborg, Denmark
Musicology Long Island University Brooklyn, NY
David Grossman has been in the industry since 1995.