I'm John Cummings, a DP/lighting cameraman based in Cleveland, Ohio. I have a reputation as an innovative, versatile and efficient shooter. Producers appreciate my collaborative work ethic, variety of styles, hustle, creativity...and common sense. I have shot literally hundreds of nonfiction segments for programs airing on HGTV, Food Network, Fine Living, DIY, Discovery, History, NatGeo and PBS.
I'm also a well-seasoned documentary cinematographer. I've worked with nonprofits in 16 countries during the last four years and have co-produced and/or filmed six award-winning documentaries as well as several primetime specials for CNBC.
Beyond entertainment, I work with production companies and ad agencies shooting traditional internal/external corporate marketing and increasingly popular "doc-style" ad campaigns for some of America's largest...and smallest...companies.
Considered one of the region's most versatile and experienced shooters, I'm known for a higher-end look working solo or with a small crew, done in less time, at a fair rate and without any drama or attitude.
Gear: I currently own two professional HD camera packages--including a highly customized Sony F3 super 35mm "digital cinema" camera...featuring Zeiss primes and zooms. I also have a 2/3" Panasonic HDX900 with Nanoflash file-based recorder. Click on my website at left for more info and reels.
Cameralogic has been in the industry since 1979.
Equipment / Gear / Software
- Sony PMW-F3 Super 35mm Cine Camera
- Zeiss CP.2 PL primes and assorted zooms
- Panasonic HDX-900 DVCPro HD
- Nanoflash (high-quality solid state recorder)
- Joker K5600 HMI's, Arri Tungsten, LED lighting
- Sachtler Tripods
- Lectrosonics dual-channel digital hybrid wireless/links
- Canon and Fujinon HD wide and long zooms
- Chrosziel Matteboxes/Handgrips
- Matthews grip
- Panasonic and SmallHD on/off camera monitoring
Clients / Credits
- HGTV--ReZoned (all 5 seasons), My First Place, A Place to Call Home, What You Get for the Money, Of
- HGTV--Haulin' House, If Walls Could Talk, My Big Amazing Renovation, Hey Remember, House Hunters
- Food Network--Challenges, Unwrapped, Sugar Rush, Food Network Caters Your Hawaiian Wedding
- Food Network--How'd That Get on My Plate
- DIY Network--Deconstruction, Cool Tools, Specials
- Fine Living Network--Great Cocktails, What You Get: Vacations
- Discovery Channel--Christopher Lowell Show
- History Channel-Modern Marvels
- Animal Planet--Vet School Confidential
- Corporate--SC Johnson, McDonalds, Mercedes BenzUSA, Jeep, Mercury Marine, Carver Yachts, Kohl's
- GE Healthcare, Cleveland Clinic, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Wahl Lithium Ion campaign
- Word On Fire/Picture Show Films: Catholicism, a 10-hour HD series (PBS and direct sales)
- Weather Channel: Storm Week
- CNBC Business Nation, Primetime Specials: Lamborghini, Detroit Auto Show, Nike
- PBS Newshour, Healthweek
Awards / Honors
- Peabody Award
- CINE Golden Eagle
- Monitor Awards (2)
- Regional Emmys (5)
- IRIS Awards (2-including Best of show)
- Telly Awards (15)
- New Jersey Press Club
- Ohio State Award
- Kelly Daley recommends Cameralogic
"John Cummings is a great shooter. He is a wonderful storyteller. He approaches every project as if he owns it. He appreciates budgets and schedules. He's great with clients and with crew.
John is exceptionally talented. He works hard and smart. And he's a pleasure to work with.
- Patrice Nault recommends Cameralogic
"John makes every project he touches - better. He's all the things you want to hire. Dependable. Easy to work with. Flexible. But then he delivers outstanding work too. A real talent is that John knows how to find shots when they are hard to find. I've hired John many times and will continue to."
- matt_leonard recommends Cameralogic
"John is an amazing cameraman. I'm currently working on a multimillion dollar global project with him and am constantly blown away by the quality of his work. Every single person I've shown clips to mention how stunning it looks. He's also incredibly easy to work with. Highly recommended."
I have not recommended anyone.
Is there something wrong with this profile?
(Broken link, misspelling, profanity, etc.)
Use this form to report it and optionally add a comment telling us what the problem is.