OBJECTIVE: I am seeking a sales and marketing position where I can flex my skills, gain more experience and knowledge, and have more control of my own destiny with my pursuits of happiness.
STRENGTHS: Excellent communicator, assertive, has an excellent work ethic,
am very organized, pay attention to detail, can work well with others or
by myself, either way will be productive. Proficient using Excel, Word,
Power Point, and Outlook, with Columbia Ultimate Business System,
Java 59 Applications, Desk Collect, Skippy, and Acxiom programs.
EXPERIENCE: March 16, 2009 to Present = American Recovery Service, Inc.
Debt Collector for AT&T Advertising
• Cold calling debtors to get their payments for the ads that they are liable for and settle other accounts that may be disputed. (Averaging 120 calls per day manually, 160 calls per day w/auto-dialer)
• Negotiate settlements on accounts that would be easier to settle for less money, than to see go to court.
• Provide copies of contracts; verify bankruptcies, copies of invoices, write-off histories, and other documents the debtors may ask for.
September 1998 to March 2009 Cable Guy
• Until 2006, I was an installer for single dwelling units for the Adelphia Cable Company, getting people’s TV’s to have great picture.
• During installation, I would up-sell the different tiers of service to the subscribers including High-speed Internet, internet phones, and digital packages.
• Adelphia did move me into the MDU projects that they had at that time; Up-selling all the services that they had on a larger scale.
• Multi Dwelling Units were basically the same as single
installations other than they were many.
1976-September 1998 = Various Building Contractors In Construction
• Most of my construction career was with my father as my partner.
• We would have to turn in estimates, give bids, track laborer’s times and/or pieces.
• Decipher what the customer “really” wanted, produce samples, and many other accounting tracking that we as a company needed to handle.
EDUCATION: University of Phoenix. Two and a half years into
my BSBM, Business Management course and am currently on hiatus
from my education; recently submitted my application to resume
my education for the remaining year and half’s worth of classes.