Kurt Gellersted has built a career composing music for over 25 indie films. His music can currently be heard in the documentary “Redlight” airing on Showtime and On Demand in September 2010. Past film work includes “Ten More Good Years” an award-winning documentary on aging and the LGBT community, which aired on Sundance and LOGO. He also contributed music to “Evil Bong” starring Tommy Chong and directed by Charles Band (“Puppetmaster”, “Ghoulies”).
In July of 2007, Kurt’s theme song for “Bizarre Foods” debuted on the Travel Channel. His underscoring work for television has been heard on “Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations”, NBC’s “Martha Stewart Show”, BRAVO’s “Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List”, TLC’s “Bringing Home Baby” and ABC’s “The One.” Kurt also produced the theme song for a pilot episode of “Family Values” starring Rob Riggle (“Daily Show”), which screened as part of the 2007 NY Television Festival.
Clients / Credits
- Composer on REDLIGHT (Showtime and On Demand)
- Composer on BIZARRE FOODS (Travel Channel)
- Composer on ANTHONY BOURDAIN: NO RESERVATIONS (Travel Channel)
- Additional Music on MARTHA STEWART (NBC)
- Additional Music on KATHY GRIFFIN: MY LIFE ON THE D-LIST (Bravo)
Associations / Organizations
Awards / Honors
- 2007 NYC Fringe Theater Fest Award for Outstanding Music & Lyrics for "Williamsburg! The Musical"
This profile has not yet received any recommendations.
I have not recommended anyone.
Is there something wrong with this profile?
(Broken link, misspelling, profanity, etc.)
Use this form to report it and optionally add a comment telling us what the problem is.
Main: (646) 279-6918
Alt: (718) 387-8842
Mobile: (646) 279-6918