Video Controller, Avid/Final Cut Video Editor, Cameraman, Voice Over Talent.
Where my skills and knowledge can be put to use and attain new skills and experience.
NFL NETWORKS VIDEO CONTROLLER. 8/2011- Present
KTLA TV. Video Controller, Tape OPS, QC. 10/2009- 7/2010
Video Editor, Writer, Producer, Director, 1/94 to Present
A Child's Play Production, Los Angeles, CA
Self Employed Responsible for production editing for broad range of clients, rock groups, live television programs, schools and on location remote truck tapings.
Most recent work Includes:
. Santana en Vivo – Video control/ Tape Op
. Adriana Yanez Show Video Control/Tape Op
. Mission Viejo TV30 – Cameraman for Writers Present Series: Robert Wagner "Pieces of My Heart"
. Sahua – Cameraman Editor for Rock music video
. Marketeam inc. – Editor, Camera, Editor, Video encoding, compression and sound for Hyatt diamond series instructional video
As well as the Omni signature cocktails instructional video series
Both projects developed for DVD and web distribution ie. iphone , Flash, itunes etc.
. Moxxor Corporation – Editor, Cameraman, sound and Final cut pro editor, video compression for web distribution - for Mox Lifestyle Infomercial.
project developed for DVD and web distribution ie. iphone , Flash, itunes etc.
. Currently working for NFL Networks - Video control
For Total Access, NFL Networks Now and Point After.
. Retirement Living channel – I serve as Video Control Operator for “Living Live”, Starring Florence Henderson and Meshach Taylor
· LATV LLC. – Video Control operator, studio engineer, Cameraman, Show and Segment (Final Cut Pro) Editor, and Lighting for “LATV LIVE”, “MEX 2 THE MAX,” “LA Chat room,” “LATV Presents (Direct TV Production”) “Santana Live” “Strictly Raza” and “THE HIP HOP SHOW” - Video Control Operator, Studio Engineer, Cameraman, Show And Segment (Final Cut Pro) Editor. Responsibilities include: shading and painting cameras during live and pre-taped shows also for on location remote shoots. Working with Lighting department on establishing a consistent look through out all productions. Videotape, server operations, camera and equipment maintenance, adjustments, segment editing, graphic creation, Voiceovers, Sound and Visual Effects for fillers and segments.
· Mun2 LLC. - Video Control and Tape Operator - “Loco Comedy Jam”
· Golden Frog Productions- Video Control Operator - “Golden Frog Lecture Series with Michael Mamas”
· Blue Papaya LLC. - Video Control and Tape Operator - “Jerry Springer Skit for B of A Mortgage Company”
· Fuel TV - Video Control Operator - “Fuels 54321”, “NUMUTU” and “The Daily Habit”- Responsibilities include: Collaborating with Lighting director and the producers of Fuel TV to create an enhanced new look for each show.
Shading cameras during show. Videotape operations, server operation, camera and equipment maintenance.
· Fuerza Latina -Video Control Operator - “Su Voto es su Voz,” and “Victor Lopez for President” (PSA) Responsibilities include: shading and painting of cameras during Taping. Videotape operator camera and equipment maintenance.
· The I.Q. Air Group – Video Control Operator - “I.Q. Air Health Pro Plus Infomercial”
· Telecinema Productions – Final Cut Pro Editor for television show “Asfalto 26.” Off line Final Cut Pro Editor, was responsible for creating story from raw footage, essentially producing segments.
· C2 ENTERTAINMENT - Editor for TV shows “Al Banquillo, Tribunal del Pueblo, and Asi se Hace,” show for KWHY CH 26. Off line Avid (Media Composer) editing, responsible for Assembling show, digitizing, logging, fixes, graphics and sounds effects.
· Carmona Entertainment Inc. - “Destiny of One” Served as Art Director, in charge of Visual effects as well as creating motion and static graphics.
· Carmona Entertainment Inc. - Art Director - “El Millonario Del Pueblo” - I was contracted to create motion and static graphics, as well as visual effects, and Production Assistant. Also serve as cameraman shooting B-roll for Coca Cola campaign.
· Independent production – Writer, Director, Producer and Editor
Work includes “The Johnny Boots Stomp (A Short Documentary on East Los Angeles Punk Music)”
· Ollin Music LLC. - Editor - "La Brujeria" (Music Video).
· I have also worked on a number of student projects, where I have served as Technical Director, Director and Editor.
Specialized in Non-Linear Editing and Photography.
Final Cut Pro Editor, Cameraman, Writer, Photographer
and Producer, 8/98 to 11/02
Oralingua School, Whittier, CA.
· Yearly school advertisements for the A.G. Bell convention,Planning, Managing, Producing and Delivering fund raiser promotional videos, Plays, student longitudinal, instructional, and parent education videos. Involved on all levels of Production including: Camera, Directing, Editing, Producing, Writing, Sound, Lighting and Captioning, Performed minor maintenance and repair to media equipment, and programs, Monitored all inventory of media supplies, Maintained other digital media such as: photographs, video, and transferring video from Analog to a Digital format, also referred to as digitizing, to Mini DV or DVD for archival purposes, Devised a numbering system for quick reference, cataloging, archiving video footage raw and cut, I advised, and consulted a staff of 30 employees on upgrades and software updates, including some technical support and proper maintenance.
My work includes:
· "That They May Hear" all footage was produced, directed and edited by myself.
· "Oralingua School Where Children Are Talking" A complete revision of "That They May Hear, Where I was involved in all levels of Production.
My duties also involved
· All aspects of Production as well as photography, both digital and traditional formats, for school print layouts (brochures, catalogs, flyers, calendars, etc.) Most of my work was done independently with some input from school staff, administration and board members. Running the computer/media lab at Oralingua School. I designed the set up of the current media layout in the lab for optimal usage. Computer installation, maintenance along with software and hardware updates. Direct, schedule and supervise all staff on the production of video presentations to get the desired work produced. For example: classroom activities and other school activities and quality control on all tape output and final products.
Specialized in Photography and Non-Linear Editing
I have experience working with broadcast media such as: D9, Digi Beta, Beta SP, DVCAM, DVC PRO 25,50, Mini DV, Digital 8, VHS, And SVHS dubbing, all formats and scopes, wiring, video equipment installation, trouble shooting
Member I.A.T.S.E. Local 600
International Cinematographers Guild
I also have more traditional artistic talents such as: Painting, drawing, sculpting and silk screening.
I am a quick learner and like to take "a hands on approach" to everything I do. I am eager to learn new skills and work well with others and have the drive to be successful at what ever I do.
John Alvarado has been in the industry since 1993.