Southern Illinois University Carbondale (January 2008‐ December 2010)
• Bachelor of Arts, Radio & Television, emphasis in Television Production
• Bachelor of Arts, Cinema & Photography, emphasis in Photography
Illinois Central College (August 2005 – December 2007)
• Associates Degree, General Education
Work Related Experience
Post Production, WSIU Public Broadcasting Association, Carbondale, Illinois (April 2008 – May 2010)
• Produce Billboards – PBS what is coming up next on TV. There were 42 every week that I would type on an
inscriber than I would transfer them to an editing computer where they are put into Final Cut. Where what I
typed is mixed with animation and music.
• Produce Multi – Every week there is about 45 new promos that I have to make. There are a lot of shows that get
aired at PBS and they are all feed onto different Tapes. It is my job to find the Tapes they want promos for and if
there is no promo already made for the show I will make a 30sec promo from the show. Then put all of the
promos from different tapes and capture them into Final Cut. There are four different timelines. So I pick the
timeline I need and edit the time line by changing the Slates, promos, and times posted at the bottom of when they
are airing. Then lay all the promos to one tape.
• Dubbing tapes – I am responsible for dubbing promos that are on promo reels and put them to the end of there air
tape. I also dub tapes that the master control room misses and we get the show from other stations and dub their
tapes to our tapes.
TV Shows I have worked on (January 2008 – May 2010)
River Region Evening Edition Newscast, River Region is a student newscast that is award wining.
• Camera Operator ‐ I was responsible for reading the rundown and getting the shoots that it told me to get. When
they were need.
• Video – I operated the server and placed all the videos for that days show. There were about 20 videos each day.
• Sound – I made sure all 4 of the microphones, and IFB worked. I also ran the soundboard for the newscast that
WSIU InFocus, A magazine stile show that is produced in Carbondale IL
• Camera Operator ‐ I was responsible for getting whatever type of shot the director calls for over the headset.
• Sound – I made sure all of the microphones, and IFB worked. I also ran the soundboard for the interviews that
• Recording – I was responsible for getting bars and tone, Slats, and the show were recorded.
Illinois Central College –Master Control Room Operator (August 2007 – December 2007)
• Answering phone calls – there where about 20 calls everyday from teacher and other people that need help with
the media centers in the class rooms and I was responsible for connecting them to the person that can help them
if I could not help them.
• Connecting distance learning classes – there was about 8 distance learning class a day and they had to dial in to
the master control room then I would connect the teacher to the class room, and record the class for the day.
• Recording about 10 shows each week off the satellites for teachers.
• Pulling, Replacing, and playing 14 DVD shows that were aired on the locale TV station every day.
• Camera Operator for the school basketball games that were aired on the locale TV station.
Chi Alpha Campus Ministry Head
Sound Engineer (March 2008‐ December 2008)
• I was responsible for 20 thousand dollars worth of equipment. I had to maintain and keep organized. Each week
there were 3 different serves that I would have to have the equipment ready and working for the serves, and then
I had to run the soundboard for the serves. I had a team of 5 men working under me.
• (January 2006 – March 2008) I was on the sound team and worked under the head sound leader.
Shoe Carnival, Peoria, Illinois – Mic Stand person (September 2004 – December 2008)
• I tracked sales for each hour’s sales, and recorded them. I was given a list of how much money and how much
should be sold from each department. It was my responsibility to make the goals for the day.
• I would be a cashier when need. Along with running the Mic Stand. Whenever there was a cashier need I would
call them from the floor to come and help the customer.
• Stocking shelve when need was also my responsibility, but mostly I would stock the Accessories, because I was
responsible for the entire accessory department.
Activities / Interests
• Student of Broadcasting Association (January 2008 – May 2010)
• Chi Alpha Campus Ministry (August 2005 ‐ Present)
• Camp Counselor, Brook Cherith Camp, Pierson, Michigan (Summer 2005 – 2006)
• Camp Kearney, Staff Member, Glasford, Illnois (Summer 2009 – 2010)