Directing, Writing, Development, Crewing, Acting, spreading the love.
Brian Katz has been in the industry since 2009.
Equipment / Gear / Software
- Canon 60D DSLR + some lenses and filters
- Car Mount - inside, suction
- Sony Vixia HD Prosumer Camcorder
- Canon EOS Digital Rebel Still Camera
- Zoom H4 Sound Recorder & Microphones
- MacBook Pro, MacBook
- Final Cut Pro
- Pro Tools
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Flash
- Adobe Illustrator
Clients / Credits
- Shooter/Editor: "Clumsy Cat" untitled Fashion Shoot / Music Video
- Writer/Producer, AT&T/Mofilm SXSW 2nd Place Video Award
- Writer/Producer, Hearos Earplugs 2011 Video Competition 1st Place Winner
- Director/Writer, Application Security Video Smackdown 1st Place Entry
- Director/Writer, Megapath competition commercial (5th Place)
- 2nd Unit Director/Shooter: "Move", a Competition spot for Shell/Mofilm (won 4th Place)
- Director/Writer/Producer, various Mofilm competition commercials
- 1st AD/Field Producer, "OC Vote"
- 1st AD/Line Producer, "African Gothic" (feature)
- 1st AD, "My Undeadly" (short)
- 2nd AD, "Saturday Night Zero", a Coke Zero short film
- 2nd AD, "Thunk In Public" (Nokia Shorts 2011 Pitch Finalist)
- 1st AD, "Secret Diary Of An American Cheerleader" (Webseries), Cheer Channel
- Asst. Production Coordinator, "Detail Shoppe" (music video productions)
- PA, "American Idol"
- PA, "The Voice" (NBC)
- PA, "Dale Con Ganas" (25/7 Productions) (Univision)
- PA, Make Believe Media: "Very Bad Men" TV episode (Discovery Networks)
- PA, Bologna Taylor Productions: SeniorPremiereDating.com commercial
- Writer, ideas & pitch winners at Tongal.com
- Featured Background, "Parks And Recreation" (ep. 408)
- Director/Writer, student shorts
- 1st AD, various student theses
- DIT/2nd AC, "Infected" (Low Budget Feature)
- 2nd AC, "Red Poppies" (short)
- Stills Photographer, "Men Of The Tree"
- Stills Photographer, "For Hire" (spec feature)
- PA, many shorts and AFI student theses
- PA, "The Fort"/"Sony Music" (music videos and commercial productions)
- Production Sound Mixer, "Cinema Soldiers" (French Connection TV)
- Boom Op/Sound Utility, "Matters Of Family" (spec pilot)
- Background Actor: numerous TV, commercials, films
- Actor: several student shorts, music videos, spec commercials
- Technical Propmaster, Epson Printers Commercial (Precision Post)
- Actor (featured): "Inflagranti" (student short)
- Actor (principal): "Struggling Vampire" (short)
Awards / Honors
- 1st Place Winner, Hearos Earplugs Video Contest 2011 (Producer/Writer)
- 1st Place Winner, Application Security Inc. Video Smackdown Competition (Director/Writer)
- 2nd Place Winner, AT&T/Mofilm SXSW Crowd Sourced Commercial Competition (Producer/Writer)
- 5th Place Winner, Megapath Tech Talk Video Competition (Director/Writer)
- Shriekfest 2011 Award Nominee, Best Short Horror, "My Undeadly" (Assistant Director)
- PA on AFI Short: BAFTA, Best Student Short 2010, "Le Jeu Des Soldats"
- Winner, various idea/pitch contests at Tongal.com (writer/video editor)
- Various Grant Winners (writer), Mofilm
This profile has not yet received any recommendations.
I have not recommended anyone.
Is there something wrong with this profile?
(Broken link, misspelling, profanity, etc.)
Use this form to report it and optionally add a comment telling us what the problem is.
Main: (213) 835-8602
Mobile: (213) 835-8602