Seeking a position in editorial with the goal of eventually becoming an editor.
For the past nine years, I have been employed as a visual effects coordinator, seven of which were with Illusion Arts, a visual effects company in Van Nuys.
I have redirected my interests toward editorial. Given my experience in post production (some Final Cut, After Effects, and a good deal of experience with Photoshop), this seemed to be a logical shift.
In February of this year, I enrolled in a 40-hour course: Introduction to Avid Media Composer 5.0 and Effects at Moviola in Hollywood. I have completed the class as well as three additional courses:
• Assistant Editing Essentials for Avid, (16 hours – concentrating on the tasks and expectations of an assistant editor).
• Digital Filmmaking in Avid, (16 hours - working with film and 24p media on Avid Media Composer, Avid Film Composer, Avid Symphony and Avid Xpress Pro.).
• Avid Basic Color Correction (16 hours)
In addition, I have purchased my own copy of Avid Media Composer 5.5 so that I may continue to learn and update my skills.
Equipment / Gear / Software
Avid Media Composer 5.5, Word, Excel, Photoshop
Experience with Shotgun, Final Cut Pro and After Effects
Clients / Credits
- ICO VFX, Burbank, CA Production Coordinator June 2010 – September 2010
- Illusion Arts, Van Nuys, CA In-house Production Coordinator August 2002 – July 2009
- Wes Craven Films, Studio City, CA Personal Assistant to Mr. Craven August 2000 – August
- NEO, Los Angeles, CA Production Coordinator March 2000 – August 2000
This profile has not yet received any recommendations.
I have not recommended anyone.
Is there something wrong with this profile?
(Broken link, misspelling, profanity, etc.)
Use this form to report it and optionally add a comment telling us what the problem is.
Main: (661) 513-9899
Alt: (661) 406-6604