Max Gutierrez is an ASC award-winning cinematographer and director with extensive experience in commercial, promotional music video, television and feature film production. He has a keen eye for visual story-telling, a sincere appreciation for the collaborative process and a passion for motion imaging.
Proficient in camera and lighting, team-building, project management, creative development and branding.
Experience working with Alexa, RED Epic (owner), Phantom, Weisscam, Panasonic, Canon and Sony HD (PMW-F3 owner), DSLR, Strereoscopic 3D, 35mm, anamorphic and S16mm motion picture imaging.
Max Gutierrez has been in the industry since 1997.
Max Gutierrez - Cinematographer/Director
Equipment / Gear / Software
- RED Epic package with lenses and support
- Sony PMW-F3 with S-Log, lenses and support
- Canon 7D with lenses and support
- 1-Ton Grip & Lighting Package
- Working knowledge of Spanish
- PADI certified with underwater videography experience
Clients / Credits
- Director of Photography for HBO Creative Services
- Director of Photography for NBC Universal
- Director of Photography for CBS News
- Director/DP for Ripe Digital Entertainment | Time Warner
- Director/DP for Ringleader
- Director/DP for Milk Productions
Associations / Organizations
- USC School of Cinematic Arts Alumnus
- International Cinematographer's Guild Local 600
- N.A.B.E.T. Local 53
- I.B.E.W. Local 45
Awards / Honors
- A.S.C. Heritage Award Honoree 2005
- ASC Heritage Award Nominee 2006
- Cannes Young Director Award Honoree 2007
- Latin Grammy Best Music Video of the Year Nominee 2010
- PJ Awards Best Music Video of the Year Nominee 2010
- Orgullosamente Latino Awards Best Latin Video 2010
- POP Awards Outstanding Spanish Language PSA 2008
- Worldfest Grand REMI Award Best Commercial 2008
- Midsummer Awards Best New Director Bronze 2008
- MTV Europe Best Music Video of the Year 2005
This profile has not yet received any recommendations.
I have not recommended anyone.
Is there something wrong with this profile?
(Broken link, misspelling, profanity, etc.)
Use this form to report it and optionally add a comment telling us what the problem is.