I'm a DP/Editor that has recently relocated to Houston Texas, after being based in NYC for the last decade. I've shot and edited shorts, music videos, documentaries, industrials, and a feature.
Corporate clients have included Maxim/Blender magazines, Porsche North America, Target, Rowenta, Jose Cuervo among others.
I'm available for freelance work, and can offer full service to any production: from pre-production, shooting, to editing, and final delivery. I have my own camera/lighting/sound/editing package.
I also have a valid drives license and passport, and I'm willing to travel throughout Texas and beyond for work.
Please get in touch with me for info and rates.
Rob Neilson has been in the industry since 2005.
Equipment / Gear / Software
- Blackmagic Cinema EF w/ cage and top handle
- Blackmagic MFT and 4k Production Camera on pre-order
- Lomo spherical set: 18, 22, 28, 35, 40, 50, 75, 100 mm primes
- Lomo Anamorphic set: 35, 50, 75 mm primes
- Sigma 24-70 EF zoom
- Tamron 90mm Macro
- Schoeps CMIT Shotgun mic
- Sennheiser Lavalier Set (2x)
- Juicelink RM333 pre-amp for BMCC camera
- Edirol R4 HD recorder
- 2x Mole 2k
- 2x Mole 1k
- 2x Arri 600 and 650w
- 1x Mole Inkie
- 1x Alzo HMI
- 400w F&V LED
- 500w lantern lock 3200/5600
- Kino car kit, and Rosco litepads
- Zacuto Universal Baseplate, rails, shoulder mount, follow focus, Chrosziel Matte box, and handgrips
Clients / Credits
- Maxim/Blender Magazines/Alpha Media Group
- PBS Kids: Big Big World
- Post Up Productions
- Director Jeff Nugent "We're Getting Out", "TV Casualty" (Shorts)
- Director Jeremy Scott "After" (Short Doc)
- Porsche North America/Tangent Vector
- Music Choice
- Kaplow PR
- Manufacturing Marvels
- Bios Life Slim
- Swagger Films (various projects)
Awards / Honors
- Min Online 2009 Honorable Mention Award (Blender Burner Series)
- 2005 Dusty Award Finalist Best Cinematography
This profile has not yet received any recommendations.
I have not recommended anyone.
Is there something wrong with this profile?
(Broken link, misspelling, profanity, etc.)
Use this form to report it and optionally add a comment telling us what the problem is.
Main: (516) 729-8483
Mobile: (516) 729-8483