Knox Summerour is a Georgia-born trumpeter, vocalist, & composer based in Los Angeles, CA. His work was most recently heard on CBS' "Rules of Engagement." His singing & playing is featured in the 2011 Polybona Films/Paramount remake of "What Women Want" (我知女人心) starring Andy Lau and Gong Li, and can also be heard on Hollywood films, network TV, and studio albums in many genres. His work can also be heard in National Lampoon's "Van Wilder III," CW Network's "Valentine" (2008), Bernie Mac's 2008 tv pilot "Starting Under," and many film trailers. Knox has performed in South America, Europe, China, and throughout the U.S. His debut album is scheduled for release in 2011.
Knox received undergraduate training at Berklee College of Music in Boston (BM) and was a graduate assistant at the University of Georgia (MM) where he was a pupil of the late Fred Mills (1935-2009).
Equipment / Gear / Software
- Apple Logic Pro
- Pro Tools
Clients / Credits
- Music Arranger for CBS Rules Of Engagement (2011)
- Music Producer for actress Kristin Bell (private project 2010)
- Songwriter, Performer, Producer for Paramount/Polybona Films "What Women Want" Bejing remake (2011)
- Orchestrator for Hallmark TV's "Annie Claus" (2011)
- Music Preparation for CW TV's "Hellcats" (2010)
- Musician for Fox TV "Starting Under" (2008)
Associations / Organizations
- Society of Composers and Lyricists
- American Society of Composers, Authors, & Publishers (ASCAP)
Awards / Honors
- 2011 Emmy Award, “The Legend of Pancho Barnes” (co-composer of original score)
This profile has not yet received any recommendations.
I have not recommended anyone.
Is there something wrong with this profile?
(Broken link, misspelling, profanity, etc.)
Use this form to report it and optionally add a comment telling us what the problem is.
Main: (424) 261-5669
Mobile: (424) 261-5669