"KRENG KNOWS WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT"- BLACK BELT MAGAZINE
Stunt & Fight Coordinator, Director, Producer, Actor, and Author of the textbook FIGHT CHOREOGRAPHY: THE ART OF NON-VERBAL DIALOGUE. I have worked with Asian and Western talent in front of and behind the camera and understand the different needs of both cultures when it comes to action. I believe a fight/action scene is integral to the storyline construct the non-verbal dialogue (aka action scenes) based on the development of the story and characters involved to get audiences emotionally involved. I am one of the few stunt coordinators who has actual video game design and production experience. Clients include TH-Q, SNK of Japan, Mattel, and Sony.
John Kreng has been in the industry since 1987.
John Kreng's Stunt Coordinator Demo Reel
Here is a 90 second demo reel of some of my work as a stunt & fight coordinator.
Equipment / Gear / Software
Clients / Credits
- HIGHLIGHTS- FOR A COMPLETE LIST PLEASE DOWNLOAD MY RESUME
- Author of textbook FIGHT CHOREOGRAPHY: THE ART OF NON-VERBAL DIALOGUE published by Thomson Course
- BATTLE B-BOY (Stunt Coordinator, Producer, Lead Actor)
- THE MASTER (Starring Jet Li) (Stunts)
- HOOK- Tri-Star Pictures (Stunts)
- LA TIMES THEATRICAL COMMERCIAL featuring Yuen Cheung Yen & Ben Affleck (Stunt Coordinator)
- UNLACED (Fight Choreographer)
- SLAUGHTER STUDIOS (Roger Corman-Exec Prod) (Stunt Coordinator)
- HARD AS NAILS (Roger Corman-Exec Prod) (Stunt Coordinator)
- SHAKEDOWN (Roger Corman-Exec Prod) (Stunt Coordinator)
- A&E BIOGRAPHY- STEVEN SEAGAL (Action Film Historian)
- BRUCE LEE: MEMORIES OF THE MASTER (Action Film Historian)
- Taught workshop "FINDING CAMERA ANGLES FIGHT SCENES" at 2011 Diamond in the Raw/Stuntwomen's Awards
- Taught screenwriting seminars at The Stuntman's Association
- Taught workshop "FIGHT CHOREOGRAPHY FOR FILMMAKERS" at The Show Biz Expo, L.A. Convention Center, Lo
- Taught FINDING THE RIGHT CAMERA ANGLES FOR FIGHTS @ Stunt Coordinating for Stunt Women workshops
Associations / Organizations
Awards / Honors
- Profiled in Black Belt, Martial Arts Training, & Impact magazines
- Guest Panel Member at the Martial Arts Film Festival for Black Belt Magazine’s 1st Annual Festival of Martial Arts 2005
- Black belts in Tang Soo Do & Te-Katana Jujitsu (30+ years experience)
- LA WEEKLY Comedy Pick of the Week
- Performed regularly at THE COMEDY STORE for 10+ years
This profile has not yet received any recommendations.
I have not recommended anyone.
Is there something wrong with this profile?
(Broken link, misspelling, profanity, etc.)
Use this form to report it and optionally add a comment telling us what the problem is.