I am a multifaceted creative problem solver with proficiencies in several key production areas from Directing, Scriptwriting / Supervising to Production Coordinating and Camera work.
My passion is what drives me. Titles are unimportant. I absolutely love what I do, working in production, creating, working with others etc... I would much rather be working (whether it's Directing, as a Production Assistant or as a stand-in / extra) than to be sitting at home not earning a paycheck. For me; it's all about keeping busy and doing what I love. Being responsible, paying my bills and taking care of my family are priority number 1 and always will be.
The last couple of years I have been working freelance, but what I am seeking is stability; a consistent paycheck. I will not turn down any available position whether it's a 1 day gig, or something long term. However, full time employment in any area of production is preferred.
My last couple of Freelance gigs were working on a corporate video for BCT Printing and filming a Pilot at a convention center for an Antique reality show.
Investors are of course welcome to contact me for financial gain opportunities as I have developed several ideas over the years that are ready to be produced as well as employers in need of crew members. I'm happy to speak with everyone.
Additionally, I often travel to and from Orlando and work frequently throughout the state of Florida.
Addendum: I co-own a company with my brother Corpse Nation. We create realistic horror props for feature films, T.V., shorts, Halloween, haunted houses and more.
Recently we were featured on News Channels 6 and 10 as well as in print (Miami Herald, Sun Sentinel and City Link) to name a few as well as sponsors for the hugely successful "Festival of Souls" at Gulfstream Park in Hallandale, Florida. Now working with The Undercover Unit in Miami FL. www.theundercoverunit.com
Jay Bird has been in the industry since 1999.
The Undercover Unit Teaser Trailer in HD with Corpse Nation
COME LIVE A VIDEO GAME! Last year I (we) "Corpse Nation" (Horror prop company) sponsored festival of souls... but this year we are sponsoring http://www.theundercoverunit.com/. It's a fully interactive theatrical year long production in Miami, FL. Unlike a haunted house where you pay and get a 5 - 10 minute thrill... At The Undercover Unit you'll get to use 'live weapons' deal with trip wires, mines & grenades. You'll be solving riddles, finding clues and interacting with the cast. (Staffed with local talent (actors)) Once you're in (depending on you're ability to navigate through the scenario and the decisions you make) the experience can last anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half!
Equipment / Gear / Software
- Own a Panasonic HDC-SDT750K HD Cam
Clients / Credits
- Stage Manager at The Undercover Unit
- Director/Producer at The Palm Beach Medium
- Director and Camera Operator for The Everglades Wildlife Alliance (NPO)
- Director for The Alliance Art Project
- 2nd Unit Director, Script Supervisor with Dragon Lion Media
- Script Supervisor, Writer, Director for Bass Brothers Productions Inc
- Director for RMP Entertainment
- Script Supervisor with Quill and Camera
- Production Coordinator with CBC Entertainment
- 2nd AD for Altman-Procko Productions
- Key PA with Initial Productions
Associations / Organizations
- The Everglades Wildlife Alliance
- Food For The Poor
- The Alliance Art Project
- Free Charity Cars
- Volunteering w/ J.A.M International
Awards / Honors
- Received 9 editors choice awards for outstanding achievement in poetry
- Received 7 International Poet of Merit Silver Award Bowls
- Received 4 Crystal Award Trophies for outstanding achievement in photography
- Nominated as Poet of the Year 9 individual times
- Nominated to the International Society of Poetry and Photographers Hall of Fame
This profile has not yet received any recommendations.
I have not recommended anyone.
Is there something wrong with this profile?
(Broken link, misspelling, profanity, etc.)
Use this form to report it and optionally add a comment telling us what the problem is.
Main: (954) 696-2466
Mobile: (954) 696-2466