Joe Pomarico is a young filmmaker best known for his intense films that capture and magnify the little moments in life that many of us would take for granted or pass without notice. Expanding on these moments draw out the hidden connections between Mr. Pomarico’s characters and expose his audience to subtle emotions of a world that otherwise would end up on the cutting room floor in the hands of another filmmaker. Whether it’s a pair of eyes bordering on seduction or an awkward handshake, Mr. Pomarico has an appreciation for all levels of human interactions, and his appreciation resounds loudly in his films. He is able to manipulate the tiny gray lines of emotions to such a wonderful extent that the natural conversation and action between characters lead to great thrills for his audience.
Mr. Pomarico does not only have a talent for filmmaking, but he is also a gifted painter. At an early age Mr. Pomarico demonstrated an ability to capture on canvas composition, depth, and perception in his paintings. His closest friend, mentor, and Grandfather, Augustus Massaro, noticed this gift in the young Pomarico when he was seven years old and nurtured it. Through his Grandfather Mr. Pomarico learned to blend colors and shapes with paint, and to subtly transform a blank canvas into a landscape of his imagination.
Later his Grandfather introduced Mr. Pomarico to the world of film and filmmaking, and it did not take long for this gifted student to realize his calling. With the skills that were bestowed on him and the knowledge he was taught, Mr. Pomarico developed strong skills for directing films. With his close attention to detail that he acquired from the painting of landscapes, and years of studying thousands of films, Mr. Pomarico has matured into an excellent storyteller and is poised to be a great feature film director.
Equipment / Gear / Software
Clients / Credits
- Camera Operator for Absolut Vodka short Directed by Spike Lee
- Directed, Wrote, and Edited a 26 min short film entitled "My Butterfly" awaiting festival response
- Wrote and Directed a short entitled "GUS" that won the awards under "awards/honors" category
- Directed a music video: Diabolic feat. Immortal Technique with up to 3 million youtube hits.
- Assistant to actors Stephen Lang and Karen Allen for film "White Irish Drinkers"
Awards / Honors
- Winner: Best Short Film Award in Staten Island Film Festival 2011
- Winner: Audience Choice Award in Staten Island Film Festival 2011
- Nominated for Best Director in Staten Island Film Festival 2011
- Winner: Best Long Island Short in Long Island International Film Expo
This profile has not yet received any recommendations.
I have not recommended anyone.
Is there something wrong with this profile?
(Broken link, misspelling, profanity, etc.)
Use this form to report it and optionally add a comment telling us what the problem is.