Woody Woodhall, CAS
Woody Woodhall, CAS is a supervising sound editor, sound-designer and re-recording mixer for independent feature films, documentaries, television programming, and multimedia. A supporter and advocate for independent filmmaking recent projects include “BEST WORST MOVIE” an award winning documentary that Roger Ebert picked for his top 10 list of documentaries in 2010. For television he’s sound edited and mixed and VO recorded hundreds of episodes of programming for USA Network, VH-1, E!, Travel Channel, and Comedy Central to name a few. Recent television mixing includes the documentary series for HISTORY CHANNEL "Invention USA", the hit reality series on FOOD NETWORK, “Private Chefs of Beverly Hills” as well as the series “Battle of the Wedding Designers” for TLC.
He is founder and moderator for the Los Angeles Post Production Group (LAPPG), a professional organization dedicated to expanding knowledge and expertise in the post finishing process. Monthly meetings provide networking and demos sharing knowledge, ideas, tips and techniques. Topics cover the post spectrum from color grading and on-lining to post production workflows for RED or DSLR footage to audio encoding demonstrations presented by companies like manufacturers such as Dolby and Sony to software creators such as Adobe, Gen Arts and digieffects.
He is author of the textbook “Audio Production and Postproduction” for J&B Learning and is a blogger for WoodysSoundAdvice.com and a contributing blogger to BackPackFilmSchool.com on audio matters. A guest lecturer on audio post practices and techniques he has presented for the Producers Guild of America (PGA), Filmmakers Alliance, Savannah College of Art and Design, Loyola Marymount College (LMU), Musicians Institute, and Doculink.
Clients / Credits
- "The Least of These" feature film - Supervising Sound Editor/Sound Designer
- "Best Worst Movie" feature documentary - Supervising Sound Editor/Sound Designer
- "Private Chefs of Beverly Hills" - TV series - Supervising Sound Editor/Re-recording Mixer
- "Invention USA" - TV series - Supervising Sound Editor/Re-recording Mixer
- "Battle of the Wedding Designers" - TV series - Supervising Sound Editor/Re-recording Mixer
Associations / Organizations
- Editors Guild, Local 700 Re-recording Mixer
- Los Angeles Post Production Group (LAPPG)
Awards / Honors
- 2011 Telly Sound/Sound Design "Best Worst Movie"
- 2011 Telly Sound/Sound Design "Private Chefs of Beverly Hills"
- 2010 Telly Sound/Sound Design "Denny's Al'Nighter" Campaign
- 2008 Telly Sound/Sound Design "The New A-List Hollywood"
- Create "Best of Industry - Audio" Job Jab Media's "Second Term"
This profile has not yet received any recommendations.
I have not recommended anyone.
Is there something wrong with this profile?
(Broken link, misspelling, profanity, etc.)
Use this form to report it and optionally add a comment telling us what the problem is.