* I am an Industry Veteran Scriptwriter/Producer/Director/Gaffer/DP-Cameraman and FCP Editor - as well as a highly-experienced Production Manager - with 28 Years of total Experience.
* 15 National Awards.
* Clientèle includes a very broad range of Broadcast Networks (News-Sports-Syndicated Shows), Federal Government Organizations (DOE-DOD-FEMA), high-end Corporate & Industrial, as well as Commercial/Agency and Non-Profit Clients.
* Editing Daily in FCP 7 (HD).
* High Performance Team Player - big time!
* Passionately Creative - Masterful Storyteller!
* Recent Network Broadcast Shoots for Inside Edition, America's Most Wanted, CNBC, Dr. Phil... etc.
Rick Shinn has been in the industry since 1982.
Equipment / Gear / Software
- Expert Scriptwriter (traditional Multi-column Video; complex Interactive Multimedia w/ Multi-Level Menus & Navigation Design)
- Expert Final Cut Pro 7 (HD) Editor, with many Plug-in Packages
- Expert DP/Cameraman: any Camera - anywhere - anytime!
- Professional Development/Training Conference: ITVA National Conference (full 4 days - workshops & seminars: ‘94, ‘95, ‘98)
- Professional Development/Training Conference: SIGGRAPH International Conference (full 4 days: ‘92, ‘96)
- Professional Development/Training Conference: Macromedia International Conference (full 4 days - workshops & seminars: ‘96)
- Professional Development: NAB Convention (full 4 days: ‘87, ‘88, ‘89, ‘90, ‘91, ‘94, ’95, ‘07)
- Professional Development/Training Workshops: Advanced Interactive Multimedia Training at: Allen Interactions/Minneapolis; G-Matter/San Francisco
Clients / Credits
- Broadcast Clients: ABC, NBC, FOX, ESPN, CNBC, Inside Edition, America's Most Wanted, Dr. Phil
- Corporate/Business TV: Microsoft, Coca-Cola, BellSouth, American Airlines, Colgate-Palmolive
- Industrial Clients: Shell, Texas Instruments, Bell/Textron, Southern Company, Southern Nuclear
- Federal Government: DOE, DOD, FEMA, VA, Homeland Security, Dept. of Interior
- Numerous others... please Inquire about your specific Industry.
- Please see Portfolio Resume for selected, detailed Credits.
Associations / Organizations
- MCA-I Member (ITVA) 1987 - 2003
- MCA-I Leadership (ITVA): President, New Orleans Chapter: ‘99-’00, ‘00-’01; Board Member ‘99-'02
- MCA-I Leadership (ITVA): President, Birmingham Chapter: ‘93-’94, ‘94-’95; Board Member ‘90-’95
- MCA-I Leadership (ITVA): Marketing-Advertising Director/Board Member, Dallas Chapter (‘88-‘89)
- ASTD Member 2003-2005 (American Society for Training and Development
- AMF Member 2003-2004 (Academy of Medical Films)
Awards / Honors
- Many Telly Awards (various Silver & Bronze): 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 2005, 2006, 2009
- Crystal Quill Award (IABC) for Best Marketing Video - 1992
- Crystal Quill Award (IABC) for Best Training Video - 1992
- Gold Award, Best Scriptwriting (Louisville Film & Video Festival) 1992
- Gold Award, Best Training (Louisville Film & Video Festival) 1992
- Finalist Nomination, Best Documentary (The 1992 Academy Awards - International Medical Film Festival) 1992
- Houston International Film & Video Festival - 2006, various Awards
- Lost count of the others... no room left on Bookcase Shelves! :>)
- Please see Portfolio Resume for Award Details.
This profile has not yet received any recommendations.
I have not recommended anyone.
Is there something wrong with this profile?
(Broken link, misspelling, profanity, etc.)
Use this form to report it and optionally add a comment telling us what the problem is.