NY based DP 20 + years. Won Sundance Cinematography Award in documentary. Equally adept and strong at lighting or running n' gunning. My work has been seen in theatres and broadcast on HBO, A&E, Lifetime, Sundance Channel, PBS, Discovery, Showtime, BBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, and CNN.
I own high end HD camera&lighting equipment and can shoot with any preferred camera.
Beyond the essential technical skills, I listen exceptionally well to content and try to make every frame tell a story.
I started out as an editor where I learned WHAT to shoot to tell a good story. Then I worked as a cameraman for NBC (Saturday Night Live and Dateline) where I learned HOW to shoot while telling that good story. I have taught Digital Cinematography and Visual Literacy to classes at The New School, Vassar College, and U. of Wisconsin-Madison. I’ve shot in over 20 countries including a recent story in Cambodia that was short-listed for an Oscar.
I am passionate about collaborating with Producers and Directors to discover and create the best way to tell a story. I'd love to hear from you and find out what your looking for.
Daniel Gold has been in the industry since 1991.
Equipment / Gear / Software
- Panasonic HDX900 with NanoFlash
- Full HIDEF Camera Package, HIDEF Lens
- Lighting: HMI, Litepanels, KinoFlo, Tungsten,
- Micro Dolly
- Honda Odyssey Minivan with Steel Cage in back for gear
Clients / Credits
- HBO/ DP & Co-director BLUE VINYL
- Sundance Channel/ DP & Co-director EVERYTHING'S COOL
- BBC DP LIFE IN PICTURES
- Showtime DP SAINT MISBEHAVIN'
- BBC DP FRONTLINE MEDICINE
- CNN DP CNN HEROES
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Camera Operator Film Unit NBC
- DATELINE NBC Lighting Cameraman
- A&E DP BREAKING THE VIOLENCE
Awards / Honors
- Sundance Excellence in Cinematography
- Emmy Nomination Best Documentary
- Emmy Nomination Research
- Winner Bermuda International Film Festival
- Winner Eckerd Film Festival
- Two Cine Golden Eagle Awards
- Dwell Magazine Nice Modernists
- Philadelphia International Film Festival Audience Award
This profile has not yet received any recommendations.
I have not recommended anyone.
Is there something wrong with this profile?
(Broken link, misspelling, profanity, etc.)
Use this form to report it and optionally add a comment telling us what the problem is.