Katie Waters is an audio engineer with skills in recording voice overs, designing sound, foley, sound editing, and mixing. With an extensive education from Columbia College Chicago where she received a Bachelor’s Degree in Film & Video, she has worked at three different post production houses in downtown Chicago and is continuing her passion for storytelling through sound at a full post production facility working with the city's best broadcast and motion picture audio engineers as they record voice overs, sound design, and mix for clients such as GoodWill, Ford, AARP, Sears and Claussen Pickles. She has edited sound effects, repeatedly worked as a foley artist, and designed sound for short films, a television pilot, commercials advertisements, and non for profit videos. Essentially, she is always making noise.
Katie Waters has been in the industry since 3.
Equipment / Gear / Software
- Proficient in/Own: Cubase
- Proficient in/Do not own: Pro Tools 9 LE/HD
- Proficient in/Do not own: Nuendo 4
- Moderately Proficient in/Do not own: Propellerhead Reason 6
Clients / Credits
- Foley Artist for Mission: Mom Possible (short)
- Sound Design/Sound FX Editor for Happy Hour (TV Pilot)
- Sound Design/Sound FX Editor for Autism Awareness (:30 Spot)
- Foley Artist for Claussen Pickles "Polar Bear Showdown" (Web Video)
- Sound Design for Tree Fort (short)
- Sound Design/Re-Recording Mixer for The Spaces Between Us (short)
- Foley Artist for Scrooge & Marley
- Backgrounds SFX Editor for Charlie
- Foley Artist for "Business Suit" for GoodWill (Young & Laramore)
- Foley Artist for "Teapot" for GoodWill (Young & Laramore)
Associations / Organizations
- Member of Midwest Independent Film Festival
This profile has not yet received any recommendations.
I have not recommended anyone.
Is there something wrong with this profile?
(Broken link, misspelling, profanity, etc.)
Use this form to report it and optionally add a comment telling us what the problem is.