Writer/Director/Producer/Support & Management
Born and raised into a talented Texas family, Mark has created and conceived acclaimed films, plays, cultural critiques, essays and newsprint articles. He’s served on the staff of both the Sundance and TriBeCa Film Festivals and earned his MFA graduate degree in Film & Theater Directing at the California Institute of the Arts, where he wrote and directed his own plays and films to much acclaim. Some of his ‘hardware’ from CalArts includes a prestigious Hollywood Foreign Press Scholarship Award, the Flixus Interdisciplinary Production Grant; and, named as a finalist for the Princess Grace Award, Carol Fielding UFVA Grant, and a Fulbright Foundation Fellowship. He currently has numerous irons in the fire including, but limited to: an indie Texas Christmas comedy; a bawdy half-hour cable comedy narrative; even a half-hour Food Network cooking show in the works.
Clients / Credits
- 2012 Assassination of a Citizen, RED ONE Feature, Screenwriter/Producer (Pre-production)
- 2011 “CinemaKC”, Half-hour Culture Profile, KSMO-TV, Producer/Writer
- 2011 Charlie 13 (FutureStates Webseries), HD Short, First AD/Associate Producer
- 2011 Three Blind Saints, RED ONE Feature, Unit Production Manager
- 2010 Getting Back to Zero, RED ONE Feature, Associate Producer/Post Production Supervisor
- 2009 To Live and Dine in L.A., 35mm Short, Producer
- 2009 Growth, RED ONE Feature, Assistant Director/Production Coordinator
- 2008 Dog Stories, 35mm Short, Producer
- 2008 Family of Four, HD Feature, Associate Producer/Unit Production Manager 2
- 2008 DARLA, DV Short Webisode, Cinematographer/Writer/Producer/Director
- 2007 Breathing Room, DV Feature, Actor/Associate Producer/Unit Production Manager*
- 2007 Cutie, S16mm Short, Producer
- 2007 Big Heart City, S16mm Feature, Actor/Production Coordinator
- 2005 “Quixotic Performance Fusion,” Theater Installation, Media/Video & Projection Designer
- 2004 “William Shakespeare’s Henry V”, Theatrical Stage Play, Media/Video & Projection Designer
- 2003 September ’53, S16mm/DV Feature Documentary, Research Director
- 2002 Big Boy, Super 8 Short, Cinematographer/Writer/Producer/Director
Associations / Organizations
- Attaboy Media Productions, Production Executive, Producer/Director (2010 – 2011)
- New Artists Alliance, Staff Production Coordinator (2006 - 2009
- Kansas City Screenwriters Group
- Independent Filmmakers Coalition of Kansas City
- California State Summer School of the Arts, Production Assistant (2006 – 2007)
Awards / Honors
- 2008 Flixus Interdisciplinary Production Grant, Another One Goes By, CalArts
- 2007 Panavision New Filmmaker Grant
- 2007 Hollywood Foreign Press/CalArts Film Directing Scholarship
- 2007 Kansas City Independent Filmmakers Coalition, “Film in KC” Production Assistance
- 2005 Excellence in Media and Design, Quixotic Performance Fusion, Urban Culture Project
- 2003 Best Narrative Short, Big Boy, Kansas City Filmmakers’ Jubilee
- 2003 Finalist, University Film and Video Association Film Finishing Fund
This profile has not yet received any recommendations.
I have not recommended anyone.
Is there something wrong with this profile?
(Broken link, misspelling, profanity, etc.)
Use this form to report it and optionally add a comment telling us what the problem is.