Four years experience on film sets including commercial production at Roller Coaster Studios and Director of Photography roles in Independent Films, music videos and shorts.
• Reverse and double reverse cross key lighting set ups
• Extensive work with grid lighting
• Set up interview lighting according to specifications.
• Skilled at three-point lighting.
• Light set-up according to specific lighting plan.
• Complex Grip scenarios including dolly shots
• Gear checkout/return from rental houses.
• Gear breakdown and storage.
• Set Construction.
• Dimmer Board Experience.
• Experience with 50 -100 Amp Boxes.
• Extensive Green Screen Experience.
9/2011 - 6/2012 New York Film Academy, Graduate, Cinematography Program
1/2009 – 8/2009 Boston University, Center for Digital Imaging Arts (CDIA), Waltham, MA.
Certificate in Digital Filmmaking.
6/2008 North Plainfield High School.
5/2013 Commercial Advertisement
• Campbell Soup Company
4/2013 Corporate Training Video
• Saks Fifth Avenue, Director of Photography
3/20-3/22/2013 Short Film
• Quiet on The Set, Gaffer
9/2011-6/2012 Short Films and Music Videos
• How to Roll, Director, Director of Photography
• Chinese Waters, Director of Photgraphy
• Firing Pin, Director, Director of Photography
• The Beginning, Director, Director of Photography
• The Conversation, Director, Director of Photography
• I Love New York, Producer, Director of Photography
• Sunset Heart, Director of Photography
• Eat My Pie, Director of Photography
• Music Video, for song title, It is What it Is, Gaffer
• Painted Sky, Gaffer
• Obsession, Gaffer
• Porcella, Gaffer
• Tumbling, Gaffer
• Meet Cute, Gaffer
• Bystander, Key Grip
• ASI, Key Grip
• The Door, Key Grip
8/13 - 10/11/10 Roller Coaster Studios/Jet One Studios, worked as on set Grip, Gaffer and Lighting Tech for commercial shoots.
• Live internet streaming for new pharmaceutical products.
• PBS Pilot on impact of African Americans on American Cinema.
• Filmed 2011 BMW Diver Manual DVD.
• Rescue Capital commercial shoot.
• Perfect Hanger product commercial.
• Promo for local high school football team on Green Screen.
5/17 - 08/12/10 Completed internship at Roller Coaster Studios.
• Cartoon Network commercial, Keep Kids in Shape, with NY Jets quarterback, Mark Sanchez.
• Live web stream for new pharmaceutical products.
• Mr. Brooks Cleaning Solution commercial.
• Live Internet streaming for local TV productions.
2/15/ - 8/29/09 Boston University, Center for Digital Imaging Arts training and experience.
• Grip, gaffer, Director and Director of Photography, documentary of Backpages Books.
• Director of Photography for student independent film, “Dead Men.”
• Director and Director of Photography on student independent film, “Pills.”
• Gaffer, grip and Director of Photography on corporate video for radio station 92.5, “The River Boston.”
• Producer, Director and Director of Photography for a live book reading of “Push Comes to Shove” by author Wesley Brown at Backpages Books.
• Producer, Director, Director of Photography, Editor and camera operator for student independent documentary film, “ ‘60’s – Life and Times.”
• Director of Photography for student independent film, “Don’t Let It Pass You By.”
• Director of Photography for student independent film, “Asbergers Disease.”
• Director of Photography for corporate video film, “The Catalogue for Philanthropy.”
• Producer, Director and Director of Photography and camera operator for a presentation of the re-release and re-master originals of Webster’s Dictionary engravings at Backpages Books.
New York Film Academy
100 E. 17th Street
New York, NY 10003
Dean Dooley, Owner
Roller Coaster Studios
1 Merry Lane
East Hanover, NJ
Jon Mendez has been in the industry since 2008.