Looking to move from online industry to prodution. Here's the outline of my resume.
With 8+ years of experience in Online Advertising Sales, Account Management and Project Management, I have built strong working relationships with clients, agencies and co-workers. I have achieved various levels of success as a top seller, manager and business owner. I’m now ready to take what I have learned and transition my career into Tv Production.
2011-Present deviantART.com, Los Angeles, California
Number one social network site for artist and art enthusiast; 18 million+ members with over 40 million unique visitors per month.
Sales Director, West Coast
• Successfully sold 40% of RFP’s for Q3: media proposals ranged from $50K-$200K: incorporated standard media, online and offline brand integration.
• Establish and build working relationships with Fortune 1000, Entertainment Corporations: Disney, Paramount, Sony Pictures, Fox Studios, Activision, Sony PlayStation.
• Present to senior/mid-level executives; selling strategic marketing programs: custom brand integrations, Journal Skins, contests and offline events.
• Pitch and negotiate branded advertising campaigns directly to digital media agencies: Palisades, Ignited, Initiative, Moxie, Universal McCann, Deutsch, MEC, OMD, 4D/Razorfish.
• Manage sold campaigns; work directly with internal teams: account management, creative, and marketing departments; primary liaison between client, ad agency and legal.
2008-2011 Travel-ography, Los Angeles, California
Independent Photography Company; capturing images of rural life in developing countries.
Business Owner, Photographer
• Developed photography company; sold and published over 500 images: for publishing, showcase and individual ownership.
• Financed and coordinated independent 4 month photo-shoot in India and Africa: Tanzania and Kenya. Photographed local culture, wildlife, indigenous rituals and people.
• Strategized with clients in creating individual photography projects: art direction, development, pricing.
• Co-managed team of 20 in rebuilding classrooms and educating school children in Moshi, Tanzania; the foothills of Mt. Kilimanjaro.
2006-2008 MySpace.com, Beverly Hills, California
Number two social networking site; over 95 million user profiles with 70 million monthly unique visitors.
Senior Account Manager, Entertainment
• Managed Entertainment ad campaigns: planning, implementation, analysis and wrap-up; managed quarterly budget, $2.5 million. Worked directly with Sony, Warner Brothers, New Line, Paramount, the CW Network and Chicago Pictures.
• Teamed with Account Executive in creating an implementing unique $1 million media campaigns for theatrical movie releases: Transformers, Golden Compass, Mr. Woodcock, and Redline.
• Project managed Community Pages; $250K, per page. Facilitated project, troubleshot and enforced timelines. Liaison between client’s and internal teams: Tech, Ad Operation, Legal.
• Optimized campaigns to increase user interaction by over 40%; implemented new strategy’s to boost contest and sweepstake entries by over 30%.
• Worked directly with Campaign Managers to ensure on-time delivery of media.
2004-2006 Smarter.com, Monrovia, California
Performance based comparison shopping engine; acquired by Value Click, in 2007, for $350 million.
Senior Account Executive
• Signed and managed multimillion dollar e-tailers: L.L. Bean, Orvis, Home Depot, Eluxury, Paragon, JCPenney, Home Shopping Network; 190 merchants in total.
• Number one sales rep for 2005; placed 30-60 out bound calls, daily; negotiated long term agreements with Fortune 1000 company’s and online marketing agency’s; presented advertising objectives, up-sold products and renewed campaigns.
• Leader in closing 40% of targeted merchants in the book, music and video category.
• Assisted in restructuring of Sales Department: hired, trained and managed new sale reps.
• Communicated sales objectives to program developers and engineers; strengthened cultural relations with Asia team: 80+ employees.
1999-2004 Martin Container Inc., Wilmington, California
Privately held, industry leader, in Sales and Distribution of Oversea Shipping Containers.
Senior Account Executive
• Established and maintained relationships with Fortune 500 companies: Boeing, Disney and Verizon; closed over 120 new deals annually; sales total $200,000, yearly.
• Traveled internationally to survey prospective depot locations: Europe, Asia, and Australia.
• Negotiated $150,000 equipment purchases in Singapore.
• Developed and implemented three-year, $1 million marketing campaign: incorporated e-commerce (B2B, B2C), website development and direct mail pieces (circa 200,000 quarterly).