1321 N. Vista St. #109
Los Angeles CA 90046
Dear Sir or Madam:
I would like to submit my resume in consideration for any Audio Engineer/Mixer/Producer position that your company may have now, or in the future. My 16-year career began after graduating from The University of Texas and I have since been involved in a variety of projects including television and radio programs/commercials/ promos, feature-length films, music recording and mixing, video games, as well as industrial video and book-on-tape projects. My extensive experience includes the set-up, use and maintenance of various analog and digital recording and editing equipment, including those used for video editing and dubbing. My work history most recently involved designing and supervising the construction of recording and mixing facilities as well as managing the operation of an audio department and its staff.
Not only have the years made me a seasoned audio professional, but also an excellent communicator, a highly-motivated and quick-witted problem-solver, as well as a disciplined and courteous individual who works extremely well under pressure; Qualities which I believe make someone invaluable as a team-member and/or company representative. I am currently working as a freelance engineer in the LA area and am seeking to expand my clientele. I would also be interested in a staff position if the opportunity presented itself.
As my resume only partially shows, I have worked my own way through life learning that success only comes with hard work, determination and a desire to succeed. I am confident that my extensive experience and leadership abilities would be a great asset to any production environment. I hope to have the opportunity to make a contribution to your company and look forward to hearing from you. You can reach me at (323)252-5579 with any questions or to schedule a meeting.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Rick Rios 1321 N. Vista St. #109 LA, CA 90046
2000 - 2012 Freelance Engineer Los Angeles, CA
* Audio post-production for TV shows and films, radio/TV commercials, movie trailers, promos; V.O., ADR & Foley recording, mixing, editing; ISDN, ProTools,
2006 - 2008 DIRECTV Inc. Los Angeles, CA
Producer/Chief Audio Engineer/Dept. Manager
* Manage facility operations including scheduling, staff and quality control. Promos, television shows, commercials and industrial projects. Design and maintenance of facilities including ProTools suites with Dolby D/E capabilities. Record/Edit/Mix promos and original programming
2004 - 2006 D*G Entertainment Los Angeles, CA
* Audio post-production for TV/Radio promos and commercials, mixing, editing; ISDN, ProTools. Various video tasks using Avid Media Composer/Symphony. Dubs and internet tasks such as ftp, spots approvals via web, video/audio spot encoding/transmitting (Fast Channel/Verance/Veil)
2000 - 2002 Record Plant Recording Los Angeles, CA
* Duties ranged from the smallest details (maintenance/runs) to assisting the engineer on high-profile sessions. SSL consoles ProTools, Nuendo, Logic
1998 - 2000 Williams Marketing Austin, TX
* Responsible for all audio production. Used ProTools to produce quality radio commercials, on-hold messages, books-on-tape, and various other projects in a timely manner. Also assisted on video editing projects
1996 Digital Domain Austin, TX
Asst. Engineer/Sound Designer
* Used ProTools to record and edit dialog and music for radio and television commercials, on-hold messages, television shows, films and radio programs
University of Texas at Austin
Bachelor of Science in Radio-Television-Film Production
SPECIAL SKILLS * Fluency in Spanish & some French. Expert knowledge in Mac/PC maintenance & operations, soldering, equipment/system maintenance and facility design.