Hello, my name is Alexis Corrigan. I am a Chicago-native filmmaker with a passion for creating beautiful thought provoking stories. I have had many experiences working as an Editor, Post Production Supervisor, Sound Designer, Script Supervisor, Data Asset Specialist on R3D shoots and of course a Production Assistant on set helping out anyway I can. Although I enjoy working all of these various positions, my main passion continues to lie in offline editing. I love being put to the task of receiving puzzle pieces of footage and finding creative ways to put them together to create the final story.
Just recently, I graduated with honors from Columbia College Chicago with a Bachelors Degree in Film and Video Post Production. In the last 5 years, have worked on over 30 different films with a wide variety of creative and talented people. Some of which, I am proud to say, have been accepted into Art Gallerys and Film Festivals throughout the United States. Needless to say, there are many times when I am working on more than one project at a time. I am no stranger to organization and multitasking when it comes to working on projects and completing every project by it's deadline
As for technology, I have extensive knowledge on many different editing platforms including:
- Avid Media Composer
- Final Cut Studio (Final Cut Pro 7, Motion, Color, Compressor, Soundtrack Pro and DVD Studio Pro)
- Final Cut X
- Pro Tools 10
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Premiere
- Adobe Photoshop.
- Patching media for capture and lay off.
- I am both Mac and PC literate.
My favorite part of the film making process is the creative energy that comes out in the editing room while collaborating with the director or client and making their vision literally come to life in front of their eyes. There is nothing else like it. It is in those moments when I can pleasantly surprise the client and show them something about the sequence or effects I have done with their footage that they had never thought was possible.
I absolutely hate it when I am not busy working on something, so I am always searching for new projects and new people to collaborate with. I invite you to look through this website and see the various projects I have worked on. If you are looking for a creative, professional, collaborative individual who understands many different post production workflows and has experience as an Editor, Post Production Supervisor, Sound Designer, Script Supervisor, or DAS, I would be happy to work with you. I invite you to view my website for samples of my work and more information at alexisfilmmaker.com
Alexis Corrigan's Editors Reel 2012
An example of some of the films Alexis Corrigan has edited.
Equipment / Gear / Software
- Avid Media Composer 6
- Final Cut Pro 7
- After Effects CS5
- Photoshop CS5
- Pro Tools 10
- Illustrator CS5
- Motion 4
Clients / Credits
- Video Editor for "What Moves Loyola" for Fig Media Inc. & Loyola University
- Videographer & Editor for York High School's Live Drama Performances
- Editor & Post Production Supervisor for Short Filmmaker Andrea Pabon
- Editor & Post Production Supervisor for Short Filmmaker Caitlin Noah
- Editor & Post Production Supervisor for Short Filmmaker Tucker Poindexter
- Post Production Supervisor for Short Filmmaker Wade Rodgers
- Script Supervisor for Short Filmmaker Patrick Hesse
Awards / Honors
- Experimental Film I edited "Glimpse" was accepted into the Dance Films Kino Festival
- Short Film I edited "Go Dukes" won best student video and aired on the sports section of Fox News
- Experimental Film I was Post Production Supervisor "Inertia" was accepted into the Frozen River Film Festival
This profile has not yet received any recommendations.
I have not recommended anyone.
Is there something wrong with this profile?
(Broken link, misspelling, profanity, etc.)
Use this form to report it and optionally add a comment telling us what the problem is.