Simão works as an ACTOR/DIRECTOR in Lisbon, London, and New York.
He holds a BA in Drama and Theatre Arts from Goldsmiths University in London, and a Film MFA from Columbia University in New York.
As an actor Simão has worked with directors such as Werner Schroeter and Roberto Faenza and alongside such actors as Marcello Mastroianni, Anna Mouglalis, Amira Casar and Pascal Gregorry.
His short films have played at festivals such as Cannes Film Festival, Miami International Film Festival, Kustendorf, and RiverRun. In 2008, Werner Herzog described his award-winning short film "The Blind Voyeur" as an 'elegant exploration of secrets'.
Simão has also interned at Protozoa Pictures as a script-coverer for Darren Aronofsky.
His latest short film "A Viagem" (The Trip) was selected for the ASCAP/Columbia Film scoring workshop, won the National Board of Review Award at the Columbia University Film Festival and had its international premiere at the Cinéfondation Shorts Section of the 2011 Cannes Film Festival.
Clients / Credits
- Director "A Viagem" (The Trip)
- Director "The Blind Voyeur"
- Director "Out of the Blue"
- Script-Coverer at Protozoa Pictures
- Actor in "Sostiene Pereira"
- Actor in "This Night"
Awards / Honors
- National Board of Review award for "The Trip"
- Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation Scholarship for Columbia University
- Official Selection to Cannes Film Festival with "The Trip"
- Filmaka Film Festival Jury Prize winner with "The Blind Voyeur"
This profile has not yet received any recommendations.
I have not recommended anyone.
Is there something wrong with this profile?
(Broken link, misspelling, profanity, etc.)
Use this form to report it and optionally add a comment telling us what the problem is.