Dear Personnel Executive:
This letter concerns my interest in obtaining a position in QA/QC Encoding or Offline Closed Captioning with your company. My resume is enclosed for your review.
My qualifications include a Bachelor of Arts cum laude and expertise in broadcast technology from fourteen years of Encoding and Closed Caption experience with Home Box Office. After a one year internship after college as Assistant to the VP of Broadcast Operations at HBO, I was hired back three years later.
For the past four years I worked as Encoding QA/QC Coordinator of Digital Media Operations, managing production and quality control of On Demand, Web, and Mobile multi-platform digital assets. My primary responsibilities were encoding, distributing content to service providers, tracking the progress of transcoding workflow, and archiving documentation while ensuring compliance to quality control standards. Achievements include achieving consistency, predictability and operational efficiency by maximizing automation into a video content system for reprocessing.
During my ten years as Offline Closed Captioning Lead Editor, I developed expertise in transcribing text from audio soundtracks using my deep knowledge of media production technology. This involved captioning sub-masters from digital video and tape formats, training captioning personnel, editing text into readable caption blocks, and updating Computer Dictionaries using captioning software. Achievements include improving workflow using scripts, minimizing research time by creating a personal reference database, and saving costs by minimizing downtime.
My current goal is to utilize my expertise in pioneering Encoding and Closed Caption broadcast technology in a comparable position with a company offering career incentives and growth. Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you to arrange an interview.
Larice A. Addamo
Equipment / Gear / Software
- Working knowledge of CableLabs VOD standards, mobile and broadband audio/video codecs
- aspect ratio, frame rates, interlacing), and addressing media, metadata and delivery specifications.
- Various Encoding and Transcoding applications, Windows Media Encoder, File Editor, Quick Time Player Pro, MS Office, SharePoint
- CLOSED CAPTIONING SOFTWARE: Captivator Offline, Softel Swift, X-Orbit, and ELRStudio
- File Types: MPEG, Flash, Quicktime, Apple, WMV, various proprietary
- QC: Screening programs: Stream Express, QuickTime, VLC, Elecard
- Derivative Services involving 6 Bit Rate outputs and HOD (AT&T SD-HD/DirectTV/SD/HD)
Clients / Credits
- HBO - Encoding - QA/QC Coordinator, Digital Media Operations
- HBO - Offline Closed Captioning Lead Editor – Trainer
- HBO - Intern – Assistant to VP of Broadcast Operations
Associations / Organizations
- Co-organizer of http://www.meetup.com/Drama-Free-Girlfriends/
This profile has not yet received any recommendations.
I have not recommended anyone.
Is there something wrong with this profile?
(Broken link, misspelling, profanity, etc.)
Use this form to report it and optionally add a comment telling us what the problem is.