Ray Ellis is co-founder of Footpath Pictures, a documentary production company dedicated to inspiring social change through film. His work in characterized by a commitment to the core values of creativity, teamwork, respect and service. A director, producer, director of photography and editor, Ellis has worked with commercial, non-profit, corporate and broadcast clients designing projects that enlighten, engage and inspire. His production credits include: “Certain Proof”, a feature documentary; “Namibia, The Last Desert Eden”, a short on the rare African Black Rhino; a myriad of videos for international non-profits such as The Nature Conservancy, CARE and Cross-Cultural Solutions; and numerous commercial spots for advertising agencies and corporate clients.
Namibia: The Last Desert Eden
The Black Rhino, one of the rarest mammals on earth, finds it’s last free-ranging stronghold in the Namib Desert of Namibia. It is estimated that only 180 rhinos live on this 31,000 square mile desert. M. Sanjayan, Lead Science for The Nature Conservancy and host of several Discovery Channel television specials, takes us on an amazing expedition through this spectacular and rich desert. Sanjayan and I spent almost three weeks traveling the Northern Namib in search of just one of these magnificent creatures.
Equipment / Gear / Software
- High Definition Professional Cameras (Sony PDW-F350 XDCam HD, PMW-EX3; Canon 5DMIII)
- Final Cut Pro Editing Software
- Professional Lighting Gear (Arri, Kino Flos, Lowel, Chimera, etc.)
- Adobe Encore
- Adobe Media Encoder
Clients / Credits
- Feature Documentary, "Certain Proof" - Director, Videographer, Editor
- Documentary Short, "Namibia: The Last Desert Eden" - Director, Writer, Editor, Videographer
- Documentary Short, "Agent on Duty" - Videographer, Editor
- The Nature Conservancy's "Guatemala's Islands in the Sky" - Videographer, Director, Editor
- Television pilot, "Reach Out" - Videographer, Director
Associations / Organizations
- International Documentary Organization
Awards / Honors
- Best Cultural Minority Documentary, "Certain Proof" - SOAPIFF
- Silver Telly Award - Use of HD - "Namibia: The Last Desert Eden"
- Telly Award - Documentary - "Certain Proof"
- Gold Communicator Award - Editing - "Certain Proof"
- Telly Award - Animation - Special Effects - SAS TV Spot "Flood" - Post Production Supervisor
This profile has not yet received any recommendations.
I have not recommended anyone.
Is there something wrong with this profile?
(Broken link, misspelling, profanity, etc.)
Use this form to report it and optionally add a comment telling us what the problem is.
Main: (919) 219-0672
Alt: (919) 833-1455