Stephanie Smith is an award winning filmmaker (and sometime musician) in L.A. and Portland, Oregon. Best known as the Director and DP of the award winning Indie Doc "the Wanteds" which racked up 7 festival awards, she is also known as the lead singer/guitarist of Portland rock bands Spectator Pump and Kleveland. Having toured the US, Europe, and Japan, Stephanie felt ready to take on the challenge of film, and expanded her interest in music by Producing and Directing a series of music videos for Portland bands. This led to work as a Casting Director and an A.D. for a wide range of productions from national commercials to indie and studio features, then award winning 16mm short films ('Asleep at the Wheel' and 'Painting Corners'). Her production company, Racine Stripe Productions, is currently in post production on a biography about James Kottak, the drummer of the Scorpions, entitled "Rock and Roll Forever".
The Wanteds: The Part Of Rock and Roll They Never Tell You About
Winner of a total of 6 awards, The Wanteds has made a deep impression on festival judges and audiences since it's festival release in April 2011.
The story of Tommy Harrington started as a rock and roll road movie, but quickly became something else when his girlfriend, he just broke up with, shows up a week before the tour, announcing she's pregnant.
The tour and pregnancy bring Tommy face to face with a devastating past, a fragile present, and a desperate quest to rise to a better place as seen through the funny and heartbreaking trials of a man who refuses to quit. The “American Movie” of tour films.
Equipment / Gear / Software
- Panasonic HD Cam
- Wireless Lavalier Mics
- FCP 7 expertise
- Script Re-Writes & Original Script Writes
Clients / Credits
- Director/DP/Producer 'The Wanteds' http://thewantedsmovie.com/
- Director/DP 'Rock and Roll Forever: The James Kottak Story' https://vimeo.com/racinestripeproductio
- Director/Writer 'Painting Corners' https://vimeo.com/36399835
- 1st AD TV series 'Butch' IMDB : http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3199862/filmotype
- Casting Director at Food Chain Films
Awards / Honors
- Festival Award 'The Wanteds' : Best Documentary, Bare Bones FIlm Festival
- Festival Award 'The Wanteds': Audience Award, Portland Film Fest
- Festival Award 'The Wanteds': Audience award & Best Documentary; Blue Whiskey Film Festival
- Festival Award 'The Wanteds': Best Cinematography & Best Music Documentary: Action On Film Festival
- Festival Award 'The Wanteds'; Audience Award, Columbia Gorge FIlm Festival
This profile has not yet received any recommendations.
I have not recommended anyone.
Is there something wrong with this profile?
(Broken link, misspelling, profanity, etc.)
Use this form to report it and optionally add a comment telling us what the problem is.