Freelance cameraman - 25+ years, based in Montana, proficient in all formats - outdoor, adventure, non-profits, lighting, directing.
Visiting Professor in the Science and Natural History Filmmaking program at Montana State University.
Randy Wimberg has been in the industry since 1979.
Randy Wimberg Demo
Topside demo reel- worldwide. Please contact for underwater work or visit www.youtube.com/wimbergproductions
Equipment / Gear / Software
Sony, PMW EX1, Canon D7, sound, lighting, grip
Clients / Credits
- “Ghosts of the Abyss”, Imax, 3D Hi-Definition. James Cameron Director, Titanic site.
- VRS, Outdoor Channel, ESPN2 Over 125 segments for different outdoor hunting, fishing shows
- “Galapagos Rediscovered”, 3D Imax, Smithsonian Inst., A. Giddings/D. Clark.
- “The Royal Tour”, 3 show series, TLC: Peru, Jamaica, CA
- “Action Asia Challenge”, Co-producer/Dir, Nat Geo Int'l, Thailand, Hong Kong, Taiwan
- “The Search for Lewis and Clark”, Discovery special. Hi-Definition
Awards / Honors
- Discovery Channel. "Eco-Challenge: Morocco", Emmy nominated, contributing cameraman
- ESPN: "Rock and Road". Emmy Electronic Sports Cine, DP
- ABC Kane "Blue Whales", Cine Emmy, Contributing Cameraman
- Ken Barrett recommends Randy Wimberg
"I traveled the world hosting and field producing TRCP's Life In The Open which aired on Versus, now NBC Sports from 2005 to 2010. During that time I used 12-15 different cameramen. Randy Wimberg was the best of the lot. He's a total pro and a guy you want around when things don't go right. He's cool under pressure and never seems to get rattled. He was always my first choice, go to guy. He shot one episode that won the the top Wilderness Values TV show honor from the Outdoor Writers Association of America."
I have not recommended anyone.
Is there something wrong with this profile?
(Broken link, misspelling, profanity, etc.)
Use this form to report it and optionally add a comment telling us what the problem is.
Main: (406) 585-7849
Mobile: (406) 539-0849