Mark Moormann is a South Florida-based filmmaker with director and director of photography credits on documentaries, commercials, music videos and branded content. His documentary work includes the Grammy-nominated TOM DOWD & THE LANGUAGE OF MUSIC, BLINDSIDED (featured on HBO) and FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE, winner of the Audience Award for Best Documentary Feature at the SXSW Film Festival and featured on PBS' Independent Lens Series in 2011.
Mark's films have screened theatrically, at major film festivals (Sundance, Toronto), museums (Experience Music Project, Coca-Cola, Skirball Cultural Center), international airports and large-scale events (George Lucas' Skywalker Ranch for the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences, Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame 25th Anniversary Show at Madison Square Garden).
His recent work includes commercial shoots for Dove Soap with Dwayne Wade and Hyundai automobiles with Gabrielle Anwar. He recently lensed a documentary in Poland featuring several Holocaust survivors. Moormann is working on a feature-length documentary profiling legendary music man Henry Stone and the rise and fall of Miami's TK Records.
Moormann continues to work-for-hire shooting documentaries, commercials, music videos, branded content and television programs. His website is www.markmoormann.com
Mark Moormann has been in the industry since 1986.
Mark Moormann Demo Reel
Montage of commercials, documentaries, branded content and music videos as a director and director of photography. Exhibits a signature mobile, low-profile visual style.
Equipment / Gear / Software
- RED Scarlet Camera Packages
- Zeiss Compact Primes
- Canon 5D Camera Packages
- Arri Light Kits
- KinoFlo Diva Lites
- Sennheiser mics, audio recording gear
Clients / Credits
- Cover Girl
- Hatteras Yachts
- National Geographic T.V.
- Ford Motor Company
- Horizon Yachts
- MTV Europe
- Sanford Winery
- Pero Family Farms
Associations / Organizations
- International Documentary Association
Awards / Honors
- 2012 South Florida Cultural Consortium (Andrew + 20)
- 2011 International Documentary Association Award for best Music Doc (For Once In My Life)
- 2010 SXSW, Nashville & Sarasota Film Festival Audience Awards for Best Documentary Feature
- 2009 Miami International Film Festival Florida Focus Award for Best Short (Electric Revolution)
- 2006 State of Florida Individual Grant Fellowship
- 2005 Grammy nomination for Best long-form music video (Tom Dowd & the Language of Music)
- 2003 Sundance Film Festival Grand Jury nomination for Best Documentary Feature
- 2003 Nashville, Sidewalk & Jacksonville Film Festival Audience Awards for Best Feature Documentary
- 2003 Louis Wolfson Florida Moving Image Archive Film & Video Award for Best Documentary
- 2003 Panelist on “Docs That Rock” at the Sundance Film Festival with Albert Maysles
I have not recommended anyone.
Is there something wrong with this profile?
(Broken link, misspelling, profanity, etc.)
Use this form to report it and optionally add a comment telling us what the problem is.
Main: (954) 401-5267
Mobile: (954) 401-5267