In this series, ProductionHUB employees answer frequent questions from the ProductionHUB community.
The ProductionHUB marketing team answers:
Social media is one of the most powerful marketing tools you can use and it’s FREE. If you’re not taking advantage of different social media platforms then you’re likely missing out on a huge client base. Here are five ways to use your social media to gain new clients:
1. Pick the right platform. The first thing to consider is which platform you should use. Instagram is very visual. Twitter is very text-based. Facebook is great for community. What about Pinterest, LinkedIn or YouTube? Pick which platform you feel most comfortable with as well as which one you feel showcases your skills the best.
2. Be consistent. The number one rule of social media, regardless of the platform, is to be consistent. If you only post once in a blue moon then you’re not going to have an engaged following. People are going to lose interest in your account and are more likely to unfollow you. I’m not saying you have to post every day, but you can’t post three times a month and expect to have a large, engaged following.
3. Engage with others. Being active on social media doesn’t just mean posting pictures! Get active with your online community by commenting, liking and sharing posts that are relevant to your interests. This will help foster a sense of community and build trust with potential clients.
4. Be human. Don’t keep posting about the services you offer. That comes across super sales-y and annoying. Instead, give your followers an inside look into your job by posting content such as behind-the-scenes shots, sharing tips and tricks, and talking about your latest projects.
5. Reach out to different audiences. You want as many eyes on your work as possible. Try things like sharing other people’s work that you admire, asking to write a blog post for someone else’s blog, and tagging relevant people in the content you post so there’s a better chance they’ll repost it to their audience.
Take it from the pros! Take a look at some examples of film and video production professionals using social media in an engaging way:
Have questions you want the ProductionHUB team to answer? Submit your questions to Rachel at email@example.com.