This three-day, hands-on course teaches students to perform basic editing functions while becoming familiar with the user interface of Final Cut Pro X.
Final Cut Pro X is a revolutionary video editing application that makes it possible for beginners and seasoned professionals to achieve stunning results. Start with basic video editing techniques and work all the way through Final Cut Pro's powerful advanced features. Students work with dramatic real-world media to learn the practical techniques used daily in editing projects.
This class is designed for anyone looking to edit professional-quality video with Final Cut Pro X and who prefers hands-on and interactive instruction to best explore its functionality. Boost your CV by becoming Apple Certified.
About your Instructor:
Kiri Roberts, has worked on music production, TV commercials, documentary films, and music videos throughout the world. He has a Masters in Audio Production and is Apple Certified to teach Final Cut Pro, Motion, Soundtrack Pro and Logic.
What You Will Learn
• Creating Smart Collections to organize media based on metadata and keywords.
• Using the Magnetic Timeline for an exceptionally fast, fluid new way to edit.
• Combining multiple elements into a single Compound Clip.
• Finetuning clips in the timeline with the Precision Editor.
• Comparing alternate shots from a collection of clips with just a click using auditions.
• Applying effects, transitions and retiming clips.
• Finishing and final output.
Click "Register Now" at the bottom of this page to sign up with Paypal, or sign up in person at Amherst Media.
• The class meets from 10am to 6pm on three consecutive days.
• This same class costs $1400 in Greater Boston.
• You will be required to pay the difference if you cannot provide proof of student/ faculty/ community media credentials.
• Class price includes one Certification Exam that must be taken within 3 months of completing the class.
• Every participant will receive 1 free digital copy of the text.