Baltimore-based Stansberry Research is a high-growth, independent, subscription-based publisher of financial information, that is dedicated to helping millions of people around the world become better investors.
If you like to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and results-driven environment, then Stansberry Research might be the employer you've been looking for. Everyone who works here can make a difference and has the power to influence the success of the company.
We value people with great ideas who partner with others to take action and accomplish goals. We recognize hard work and reward it with opportunities for advancement. We love to have fun, both on the job and during company-organized events, like our food truck happy hours. And we offer many other perks, including a casual dress code, 24-hour access to our corporate gym, weekly trainer-led workout sessions, and paid parking.
WHAT IS THE ROLE WE ARE RECRUITING FOR?
We're looking for a strategic Digital Video Editor to join our growing Media Production Team. This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Digital Media.
WHAT EXACTLY WILL I BE DOING?
The Digital Video Editor is responsible for creating engaging videos, podcasts, and other media needs that support Stansberry Research's customer acquisition strategies, our marketing team, copywriters, and publishers. We use videos as a part of our marketing strategies to acquire new subscribers, as well as retain and cross-sell our current subscribers.
The ideal candidate will bring new ideas that engage potential and existing members, and can efficiently manage a video production – from pre-production to post-production. The Digital Video Editor will:
-Edit raw footage into professional-quality videos.
-Collaborate with both members of the video team and internal staff to identify video solutions that achieve business objectives.
-Upload finished videos to specified area on Content Server, as well as create and send email notification to appropriate departments.
-Complete all other duties assigned by Senior Media Manager.
Please submit the following to be considered for this opportunity via email to email@example.com referencing Video in the subject line.
• Resume & Cover Letter
• Online reel and portfolio of work demonstrating strong editorial/storytelling skills, visual design skills, and experience with editorial in the corporate communications space.
As an employer recognized for our exceptional commitment to employees, we are able to offer a wide variety of benefits, programs, and services which address the needs of employees and their families. Our benefits include but are not limited to: medical and dental, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays, and vacations.
At Stansberry Research, we thrive on new ideas and the entrepreneurial spirit. Naturally, we always look for new people, explorers, and innovators. If you are interested in a career where your ideas won't only be heard but rather celebrated, we'd like to hear from you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Experience / Skills
• 4-8 years' of professional experience as a video editor and motion graphics artist.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Word and Power Point.
• Extensive knowledge of video color correction with experience using DaVinci Resolve or Adobe SpeedGrade.
• Experience shooting interviews and events to include the ability to produce and direct set up of lighting, cameras, and audio equipment in the field or studio.
• Ability to read waveform monitors and vector scopes.
• Extensive knowledge of audio mixing (with music, narration audio, and natural sound).
• Extensive knowledge of animation with experience using Adobe After Effects or Autodesk Smoke video-effects software.
• Knowledge of Chromakey compositing.
• Knowledge of Cinema 4D software..
• Experience using Mac operating system.
• Expert-level user of Adobe Creative Suite: Premiere, Audition, Photoshop.
• Ability to manage various projects simultaneously and work a flexible schedule if needed.
• Outstanding follow-through, time management, and organizational skills.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Experience with still photography and other multimedia duties.
• Well-versed in setup and operation of studios.
About Stansberry Research
Founded in 1999 and based in Baltimore, Maryland, Stansberry Research is the largest independent source of financial insight in the world. It delivers unbiased investment advice to self-directed investors seeking an edge in a wide variety of sectors and market conditions.
Stansberry Research has nearly two dozen analysts and researchers – including former hedge-fund managers and buy-side financial experts. They produce a steady stream of timely research on value investing, income generation, natural resources, biotech, financials, short-selling, macroeconomic analysis, options trading and more.
The company's uncompromised insight has made it one of the most respected and sought-after research organizations in the financial sector. Stansberry Research has nearly one million readers and more than 600,000 paid subscribers in over 100 countries.