Responsible for developing, planning and implementing the overall strategy and financial operation for the regional Network Maintenance department by creating budgets, providing strategic operational direction, and ensuring operational effectiveness. & Defines the direction of network maintenance and creates strategy focusing on strengths, competitive advantage, and differentiation. & Provides leadership and direction among cross-functional groups, management, and staff. & Demonstrates competence in one or more functional discipline(s) and is recognized by others as a credible source of specific business information.&
- Provides leadership to the area Network Operations teams.
- Creates and oversees the implementation of enterprise-wide functional and operational strategies.&
- Oversight on process improvements and network optimization projects.
- Sets monthly and quarterly goals and objectives and ensures resources are available to accomplish those goals and objectives.
- Understands the critical strategic issues facing the systems(s) and responds within own area of responsibility. &
- Collaborates with cross-functional groups to determine objectives and advises on impact of functional and operational strategies.
- Defines financial goals and objectives and ensures goal and objectives are met.&
- Creates service metrics and quality assurance goals.
- Surveys the market and data to continually develop best-in-class customer service, installation, and network maintenance standards.&
- Leads, directs, and motivates a team comprised of direct and indirect reports.
- Ensures the necessary resources to accomplish customer service, installation, and network maintenance objectives and goals.
- Develops and maintains strategic partnerships with key vendors and contractors to ensure effective implementation of business strategies as well as to identify expedient and comprehensive solutions to customer-impacting issues.&
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.&
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.&
- Remains current on all technological and related advances.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience / Skills
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or the recognized equivalent in work experience, or a combination of work experience and education.
- Demonstrated history of engineering leadership positions in high volume, fast paced, environment requiring teamwork, flexibility and managing through change.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a major market cable system operation and/or multiple location cable system operation, including 5 years management experience.
Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) (www.comcast.com) is one of the world’s leading media, entertainment and communication companies. & Comcast is principally involved in the operation of cable systems through Comcast Cable and in the development, production and distribution of entertainment, news, sports and other content for global audiences through NBCUniversal. & Comcast Cable is one of the nation’s largest video, high-speed Internet and phone providers to residential and business customers. & Comcast is the majority owner and manager of NBCUniversal, which owns and operates entertainment and news cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, local television station groups, television production operations, a major motion picture company and theme parks.