We’re on a mission to create a world where people love their work—and we’re doing it in jeans.
(Sometimes sweatpants when we work from home!)
Help us make life-changing products and show us up in the office Ping-Pong rankings.
“I always find that when I do something I like, from the heart, then it works.” – Harvey Weinstein (Producer)
Roadtrip Nation seeks a Producer to join a cross-disciplinary team that thrives on impact, collaboration, and drinking ridiculous amounts of fancy coffee.
The Producer is responsible for ensuring that the vision and goals of Roatrip Nation’s short and long form documentary content is met. This role works with the Executive Producers, Directors, Project Strategists, other Departments, and video production staff throughout the entire process, from finalizing the creative concept to delivery.
• Collaborate with Series Producer and Directors to concept and execute the creation of video projects through it’s entirety including but not limited to, concept, storyboarding, scheduling, budgeting, project management, and all other necessary factors required to deliver completed video projects.
• Work with Series Producer, Directors, and Production Manager to plan Roadtrips. This includes but is not limited to, reviewing and selecting Road-trippers, reviewing and selecting Leaders, reviewing and approving locations, reviewing and approving story elements.
• Oversee the production process, creating a detailed schedule for each project beginning with pre-production through the completion of filming.
• Manage all Roadtrip production calendars and budgets and disseminate key information to stakeholders
• Manage the scheduling of all equipment - including video production gear and production vehicles.
• Work with Directors and the Post-Production team to ensure project goals are being met
• Work with Program Management staff and external partners to create sponsor messages and that partners are attributed as necessary
• Be the key point of contact for Executive Producers, Program Management team and other stakeholders for the project and provide regular updates
• Work with Executive Producer to pitch and deliver programs for distribution
• Travel as needed to facilitate Roadtrips and video productions
• Up to 20% of the time with varying lengths of time up to 1-2 weeks
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Awards and/or previous film or video examples/samples
About Roadtrip Nation
70% of Americans are unhappy with their work, and Roadtrip Nation has charged itself with finding a solution. You could call us a career exploration organization, but we do things a little differently. We don’t just tell people what they should do; we help them find what they love to do—and we do it through travel and storytelling. (Hence those green RVs you see splashed on our website that maaaaybe made you think we sell recreational vehicles.)
From our TV show that reaches 70 million households annually, to our educational tools that’ve helped 8 million students learn more about themselves and the world, we create products that empower people to get more out of work than just a paycheck. On a typical day, you can find us mid-brainstorm scrawling (sometimes incoherent) ideas on white boards, or huddling around a Photoshop file oohing and ahhing. Of course, there's always time for fun. From hitting the beach at lunch to emailing each other important info in the form of memes, we know play isn’t just a distraction—it’s an imperative.
If you think you’d fit in well with us, we’d love to meet you!
Experience / Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Video production with emphasis on producing, a degree from a film academy, related area of study or similar work experience
• 3-6+ years of experience producing documentary, reality tv, or feature films
• Experience working in fast-paced environment with multiple productions simultaneously
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, and other production management software
• Ability to think creatively but also follow direction and requirements given
• Experience with production tasks including pre-production planning, budgeting,
About Roadtrip Nation
We create content, products, and experiences to help individuals pursue fulfilling careers.