Sporting News, a property of Perform Media, is looking for a Social Content Producer for its Canada edition. Applicants must have strong news judgment and writing skills along with the enthusiasm to help grow our audience through social media, with a focus on Canadian sports and interests.
The producer’s primary responsibilities include both writing and helping to manage our social media accounts. The successful candidate will be able to: recognize breaking news and trending topics that have the potential for audience growth and engagement; quickly produce social-friendly articles that resonate with sports fans; and understand how to promote content with the right tone on Sporting News’ social media accounts.
The candidate will be part of a team that plays a key role in shaping the social strategy and voice of SportingNews.com. We’re looking for a sports and digital media junkie who has the ability to think of interesting story angles and unique approaches to content on all platforms.
Experience / Skills
– 1-3 years of online journalism experience
– Experience in producing content in a variety of digital formats
– Mastery of writing clean, concise content in a fast-paced environment
– Ability to discern interesting content and have strong news judgment instincts
– Social media management experience
– Ability to grow a social media audience
– Strong copy editing and headline writing skills
– Expertise in most Canadian and U.S. sports
– Understanding of how to use audience data to shape content strategy
– Effective communicator and the ability to work well with others
– Energetic, can-do attitude
– Understanding of social media, video and digital publishing trends
You are eligible for the following benefits on first day. No waiting period!
15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) from the start
Generous Sick Time package
9 paid holidays
Affordable Health benefits (dental and vision included)
Short and long term disability paid by the company
Basic term life insurance and personal accident insurance paid by the company
Flexible work environment
PERFORM creates and distributes sports content that millions of fans around the world interact with every day. PERFORM’s global content collection, production and distribution capabilities alongside industry leading digital products are unrivalled in the market and enable PERFORM to generate revenues through licensing, advertising and subscription.
Every year PERFORM produces and distributes over 43,000 live events, 4.7bn video on demand streams, 430,000 editorial articles and up to 1,600 data points for over 30,000 events across over 2,600 distribution clients.
Our direct to consumer products reach over 65m sports fans every month and includes Goal, the world’s largest soccer website, whilst ePlayer, the world’s largest sports video platform reaches a further 120m fans per month making PERFORM the largest digital sports advertising network.
Headquartered in London, PERFORM employs over 1,400 staff and has offices around the world. Our clients include sports federations including the ATP, WTA Tennis, Premier League and NBA as well as numerous global brands in broadcast and online publishing.