Conference USA is seeking a qualified and energetic individual as a Multimedia/Social Media intern for the 2017-18 athletic year.
The selected candidate will provide support to the Multimedia Department, specifically the social media and graphic design
operations, as well as other duties as assigned. Located in Irving, Texas, Conference USA is a 14-member NCAA Division 1 athletic conference that sponsors championship in 19 sports.
• Assist Multimedia Department with social media coverage and promotion of C-USA events, schools, and student-athletes.
• Assist Digital/Social Media Coordinator with management of C-USA social media accounts and creation of compelling and
accurate visual content.
• Assist with coordination of social media promotions between C-USA and schools or multimedia partners.
• Adhere to established internal social media guidelines.
• Execute proper public communication when representing Conference USA online.
• Maintain brand standards for C-USA, member institutions, and corporate partners in all visual elements and communication.
• Travel to and cover C-USA events as needed, including but not limited to championship events and media days.
• Assist with management and archiving of photos, graphics, and video content.
• Work on nights and weekends will be required.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree, with experience in collegiate athletics or related field preferred; strong communication skills to deal effectively and tactfully with people at all levels; proficiency with Adobe Creative software, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator; knowledge of and experience with current social media platforms, techniques, and trends; ability to function in Apple/Mac computer environment.
This 10-month internship will earn $1,800/month.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume, work samples or link to portfolio, and contact information for three references via email to email@example.com. Please include “Multimedia/Social Media Internship” in subject line. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
CONFERENCE USA IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
About Conference USA
Conference USA is an NCAA Division-1 athletic conference based in Irving, TX and enjoys a far-reaching fan base with its 14 members: Charlotte, FIU, Florida Atlantic, Louisiana Tech, Marshall, Middle Tennessee, North Texas, Old Dominion, Rice, Southern Miss, UAB, UTEP, UTSA and WKU.
Debuting in 1995, Conference USA teams have combined for 93 bowl appearances in football, 104 NCAA Tournament appearances in basketball, including three Final Fours, 67 NCAA baseball appearances including six College World Series berths, 84 NCAA soccer tournament appearances including four trips to the College Cup, and 36 individual national champions in track and field and cross country.
Success is not limited to athletic achievement, however, as 207 Conference USA student-athletes have garnered Academic All-America honors, 722 have achieved academic all-district laurels and thousands of student-athletes have earned a college degree.
Conference USA sponsors competition in 19 sports – nine for men (baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf, soccer, tennis, and indoor and outdoor track and field) and 10 for women (basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, softball, swimming and diving, tennis, indoor and outdoor track and field, and volleyball).
The league promotes the scholar-athlete ideal, honoring outstanding academic achievement with numerous conference-sponsored awards, including the Commissioner’s Honor Roll and the Commissioner’s Academic Medal as well as sport-specific All-Academic teams.
C-USA annually awards postgraduate scholarships, along with the Sport Academic Awards, Scholar-Athletes of the Year and the Institutional Academic Excellence Award. Additionally, Conference USA presents a Spirit of Service Award three times each year, recognizing student-athletes who excel on the field, in the classroom and give back to the community through significant service efforts and participation.