ARRI INC, world renowned distributor of premier professional motion picture Camera and Lighting equipment is looking for a Camera and Lighting Service Technician, to work in our Burbank, CA office.
Our products are Innovative, our customer service Legendary and our staff Dedicated.
The Service Technician, is a Full Time position responsible for timely repairs of ARRI professional Digital Motion Picture Camera’s as well as Lighting fixtures and ballasts to prescribed protocols and quality standards. Will train in Lighting with Camera experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Service, maintenance and repair of all ARRI digital cameras, and lighting products as well as accessories, verifying its operational performance and set-up
• Troubleshoot and identify equipment issues at component board level, and provide estimate of repair for customers
• Quality control equipment that comes in from the factory
• Provide technical training on company products to dealers and or customer technicians to enable them to perform limited maintenance
• Provide technical phone support on service related issues and customer repair questions
• Works with global service organization to support worldwide database and 24/5 coverage
• Participate in demos and workshops on camera equipment for potential clients and support in-house staff training on camera equipment
Experience / Skills
To be considered you must have a strong background in the following areas:
Minimum of 3-5 year’s experience in servicing and repairing of professional digital camera or lighting equipment, software or electronics repair
Reading and understanding schematic drawings, troubleshooting PC boards to the component level, soldering using through hole and surface mount techniques and repairing electrical and mechanical components and equipment
Experience in an imaging technology product support and service roll including electronic, mechanical, and optical systems.
Experience in digital video production, digital workflows, cinematography, and/or post production environment strongly desired
Must possess familiarity with digital oscilloscope, meters and hand tools
Strong technical expertise in computers with knowledge of Windows, Linux, MAC OS, software scripts and XML
Travel required as necessary to headquarters in Germany, visiting customers, trade shows and set locations
If you are someone who possesses these skills and are up to the challenge, we are looking for you. Salary is dependent upon experience and skill set.
ARRI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.