Ecast is a full service production house in Boston, MA, offering top quality video production from start to finish. We are currently seeking a Video Editor to join our team. This is a full time staff position, based in Boston.
Candidate must be comfortable in a deadline-driven environment, handling multiple projects at various stages simultaneously. Our post-production team runs Final Cut Pro X. Full expert level knowledge of FCPX is required. Knowledge of the Adobe suite (After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro) and DaVinci Resolve is preferred. Must have experience working in a professional post-production environment, a genuine excitement for telling stories, strong organizational skills and the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently. Candidate should also be comfortable collaborating in a startup-like environment and exhibit keen attention to detail, efficiency, and quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Capture and transcode footage from various types of cameras
• Media manage projects
• Bring creative perspective and ideas to projects
• Edit all types of corporate videos from start to finish
• Listen to interview content, select sound bytes, and create a narrative / story with minimal guidance
• Deliver high quality edits in a deadline driven environment
• Implement client feedback in a timely and professional manner
• Color correct and audio mix projects
• Troubleshoot and problem solve with independence
Experience / Skills
• 5 years professional video editing experience
• Expert level knowledge of Final Cut Pro X
• Demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• General knowledge of Mac computers and software
• General knowledge of different cameras and file formats
• Strong communication skills
• Bachelors Degree
• After Effects/Motion Graphics design and animation skills a plus
About Ecast Productions
Ecast Productions is a full service, corporate production company with three key areas of expertise, video production, video services for live events, and photography. Since 2006 we have helped our clients tell their stories, solve their communications challenges, and engage their audiences. Our clients include large corporations, educational institutions and nonprofit organizations that seek a reliable, efficient, turnkey video partner. Our clients trust us to deliver, and we take that trust very seriously. We value our client service and responsiveness above all. We offer a compelling alternative to expensive advertising agencies or smaller production companies with limited resources. Our dedicated client service combined with our substantial production capacity translate into reliable experiences every time.