POSITION SUMMARY: MLB Network seeks a Systems Administrator to join their team and work specifically with VMware, Active Directory and Windows 2008 / 2012 / 2016 Server Technologies. This position is responsible for Load-Balancing, Patch Management, Exchange Deployments, Mobile Device Management, and SAN Storage duties as well.
• Provide Exchange 2010/2013 expertise in maintenance, management, and support.
• Implement and manage all aspects of the VMware virtual environment and virtual desktop infrastructure.
• Must be able to manage and maintain large Active Directory Environment.
• Provide Tier-3 troubleshooting support, working with the user support team and the operations staff to effectively manage and monitor all systems.
• Must be able to work and multi-task in a rapid paced 7/24/365 pressurized, live broadcast environment
• Must be able to work independently
• Working knowledge of Mobile Device Management systems such as AirWatch and InTune
• Keep reporting manager up to date with shift reports, updating tickets, and via email
• Stay current with system information, changes and updates
• Work with subject matter experts on server and software projects to improve the end user experience.
• Other such duties as required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• A minimum of 5+ years of hands-on experience in a fast-paced IT environment. In depth knowledge of end user computers and end user network connectivity.
• Must have 3+ years’ experience in Windows Server 2008/2012/2016,
• Must have 2+ years’ experience in Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013, Active Directory, and common Microsoft services
• Must have expertise with SAN/NAS technologies (NetApp, EMC, and Tegile a plus)
• Must have 2+ years’ experience the following: UCS and Blade Servers (Dell, Cisco),
• Must Have 3+ years’ experience in VMWare and VM High Availability (VMWare Horizon, ESXi, and vCenter)
• Must Have SharePoint 2010 or 2013 deployment/administration.
• Must have experience with Mobile Device management systems and infrastructure.
• Ability to load balance appliances using clustering technologies and hardware load balancers
• Must have knowledge of patch management solutions (Manage Engine, Microsoft WSUS, Microsoft SCCM a plus)
• PowerShell Scripting is a huge plus
• Must have working knowledge of Cisco Networking, and IP based technologies
• Must be detail oriented, meticulous and able to maintain confidentiality
• Must be able to work with other teams as necessary and possess good interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with team members and other users.
• Requires expertise in backup and recovery (EMC Avamar, Datadomain, and Backup Exec a plus).
• This position requires a self-motivated individual who can interface with a diverse group of people and situations
• This position requires the ability to prioritize and to be a proactive thinker
• Must have deep knowledge and experience of customer service practices
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability as needed to work a flexible schedule as needed, including nights, weekends, and holidays
• Ability to work with senior level management in a professional and proficient manner
• Highly professional, courteous, organized, demonstrate initiative and an ability to complete multiple assignments in a timely manner
• Individual must work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must be able to analyze end user workflow issues and make recommendations
• Related experience and training is preferred
• Experience in broadcast television, advertising, affiliate sales or production industries is a plus.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
Experience / Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in IT, Technical Communications, Broadcast IT or equivalent related experience.