FuseFX Los Angeles is currently accepting resumes for the position of a full-time VFX Editor. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who can work independently, can multi-task and has excellent technical and organizational skills. In addition, the position requires an understanding of digital formats and post production workflows to troubleshoot and creatively problem solve editorial issues.
An ideal candidate will have an approachable and friendly demeanor, as the position involves frequent communication with the company’s producers, supervisors and digital artists. The ability to handle and explain technical issues with non-technical staff or clients, as well as the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously while keeping calm and maintaining an acute attention to detail is extremely important.
Experience / Skills
• Previous experience in an editorial environment, preferably in VFX
• Knowledge of at least one editing software package and the ability to read and understand EDLs (CMX3600) (Avid, Final Cut)
• Knowledge of different digital camera formats (RED, Alexa, Sony, etc)
• Knowledge of different file formats (Quicktime, MXF, DPX, JPG, etc)
• Basic knowledge of post-production (editorial and/or VFX) workflows
• Apple OS X
• Assimilate Scratch
• Adobe After Effects
• Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Pro, Compressor
• FTP, Aspera and other similar web-based file transport tools
• Python scripting
SKILLS / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conform, prep and processing of plates and offlines for VFX artists and documenting turnover notes for producers
• Basic dailies color grading
• Hosting reviews for producers, supervisors, and clients while performing technical QC of shots
• Processing and QC of approved material during delivery back to clients
• Perform IO tasks including loading and unloading materials from drive or web (FTP, Aspera)
CANDIDATES MUST BE LOCAL RESIDENTS
Principals only. No calls please.
FuseFX is an award-winning visual effects studio that provides visual effects services for film, television, commercials, games, and special venues. The company has emerged as a leader in Visual Effects for episodic television, as well as increasing work on commercials and feature film productions. FuseFX has over 200 employees across three studio locations: their flagship office in Los Angeles, CA, along with studios in New York City and Vancouver, Canada.