Boxycharm is looking for a talented and creative Video Editor. This person will be on the ground floor of a company that is re-defining how to market product in the $100 billion beauty industry. You'll be responsible for creating cohesive video experiences for various forms of online content. The work will range from editing fully developed storyboards to creating your own unique edits. The ideal candidate has the ability to deliver high quality work in a fast-paced environment while up against short timelines. A Video Editor at Boxycharm plays a critical role in our creative marketing strategy that determines how our brand message is communicated to our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
-Develop and edit digital video for website and mobile, using Final Cut Pro
-Customize output for channel and media (i.e. email, social, web and mobile)
-Translate internal and external brand identity into visually compelling creative
-Partner with marketing, photo and brand teams on strategy and creative
-Manage a portfolio of projects with multiple stakeholders and business objectives
Experience / Skills
-Ability to deliver results in ambiguous situations with limited direction
-Follows through on action items without follow up
-Self-motivated and driven to create business value
-Entrepreneurial approach to problem solving
-Willingness to take calculated risks.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Uses time efficiently
- Plans for additional resources
- Sets goals and objectives
- Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction
- Takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments
- Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Displays original thinking and creativity
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness
- Generates suggestions for improving work
- Develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Presents ideas and information in a manner that engages others.
Education and/or Experience:
-Bachelor’s and/or 5+ years of video editing experience
-Advanced knowledge of Final Cut Pro or similar software
-High attention to detail
-Strong written and verbal communication skills
-Exceptional time management skills and the ability to balance multiple projects and competing priorities