The role of Director, Engineering works alongside the VP to provide leadership and support for the IMS Productions Truck department activities. Budgeting maintenance and planning for capital expenditures is a key component of the position, as well as supervising broadcast events and developing engineers.
• Supervises all design, construction, equipment, maintenance, and operations of remote vehicles.
• Responsible for creating and implementing the IMS Productions Truck maintenance budget.
• Recruits, hires engineering staff for the IMS Productions Truck department.
• Provides leadership to IMS Productions Truck Department Engineers as immediate supervisor.
• Acts as liaison between Network personnel and Truck Department staff and supervise all technical aspects of events as they pertain to the television broadcast.
• Assists for forecasting capital requests that represent maintaining and future expansion for the Truck Division’s assets.
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Experience / Skills
• This position has several direct reports in the engineer in charge role.
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university in electronic engineering, engineering or related field or equivalent experience
• At least 10 years’ experience in remote television engineering and large-scale television productions.
• Experience should include operation, maintenance, design and construction of all levels of remote production units.
• Individual should be organized and highly motivated and able to motivate others.
• Should have experience with budgets and the budgeting process.
• Should be professional, good people person and able to negotiate.
• Must be able to identify time-sensitive issues, multi-task, and delegate tasks.
• 50% travel to events and any other client needs as required, the position requires flexibility due to being an event driven business. More than likely required to work extended hours, may frequently work at night, and weekends.
About IMS Productions
IMS Productions is a premier, multi-faceted, multimedia production company located in Indianapolis, Indiana just across the street from the iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway. We are comprised of two distinct divisions: our Content Group, who work closely with clients to bring multimedia visions of all sorts to life, and our Truck Department who supply remote broadcast solutions to network television and other clients.