The Senior Director, Broadcast Operations is responsible for the IMSP mobile fleet and the logistics of all people and equipment. Works in tandem with our broadcast and cable network partners and oversees maintenance of all mobile units. Revenue generation, budgeting and personnel management are also key components to the position.
• Responsible for all revenue and expenses as conforms to IMSP annual budget.
• Works closely with business office for billing and receivables are accurate.
• Works directly with all enterprises/ departments to ensure efficient communication and workflow processes are in place.
• Responsible for all IMSP Truck Operations, to include scheduling of personnel and equipment.
• Accountability for the sales efforts and revenue generation for all revenue streams of IMSP.
• Oversees the recruiting and training of all Operations positions, including development, corrective action and terminations when necessary.
• Oversees all crew scheduling for all events and determines pay rate, number of days hired, hotels and travel to and from event site.
• With the President and other members of the executive team, provides leadership for all business functions and activities.
• Contribute to the EBITDA plan annually.
• Responsible for the development of employees, merit/compensation plans, incentive programs, and personnel policies and procedures and implements these programs, plans, policies and procedures for IMS Productions employees.
• Other duties as assigned by the President.
Experience / Skills
• The Sr. Director, Broadcast Operations has up to five (5) direct reports and several indirect reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, business management or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 10 years’ management experience within broadcast operations.
• Visionary, effective leader with strong people skills.
• Innovative thinker and self-starter with perseverance to lead teams to success.
• Ability to weather adversity with graciousness while attending to the longer-term goals.
• Must possess high integrity and confidentiality
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of and networking with local and state communities in which the corporation engages events.
• Ability to develop and leverage strong relationships with sponsors, broadcasting, employees, promotional and advertising representatives.
• Proven ability to develop and leverage strong relationships with media, industry and community representatives.
• Knowledge of the Motorsports Entertainment World, the legacy of the Hulman family, Indianapolis Motor Speedway events, the INDYCAR Series and other related activities of the corporation.
• 50% - 60% travel to events and any other client needs as required, the position requires flexibility due to being an event driven business.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About IMS Productions
IMS Productions is a premier, multi-faceted, multimedia production company located in Indianapolis, Indiana just across the street from the iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway. We are comprised of two distinct divisions: our Productions Group, who work closely with clients to bring multimedia visions of all sorts to life, and our Mobile Unit Group who supply remote broadcast solutions to network television and other clients.