Digital Sports Producer
9NEWS, Colorado’s number one news station is looking for a talented, multi-skilled journalist to join our award winning sports department. Can you write compelling content and produce great stories? Do you love to shoot and edit sports related content? Do you have a strong digital and social presence? All these skill set are what we’re looking for in the position of a Digital Sports Producer.
The following is a brief description of some of the duties and requirements:
- Responsible for developing and producing sports news and special content for KUSA-TV and all 9NEWS digital platforms.
- This position requires excellent social media skills and knowledgeable about how to use social media to generate traffic.
- Applicants should have good news judgment, strong writing skills, photography experience and non-linear editing skills.
- Strong storyteller who can produce and enterprise original content live on-air and on-line.
- Operation of TV and digital equipment (i.e. DSLR and TV cameras, audio and lighting equipment)
- Identify potentially viral stories.
- Research, create, write and publish original content to 9news.com/sports and 9NEWS Sports Facebook.
- Shoots, writes scripts, edits stories and may be asked to report stories on-air.
- Generate high school sports content for digital, social, and broadcast.
Experience / Skills
- Flexible Schedules depending on sports schedules and game times.
- Minimum 2-5 years reporting/photojournalism/producing experience.
- Journalism and/or Mass Communication degree preferred.
- A link to your resume reel with examples of your work and current references is highly recommended.
9NEWS (KUSA) is the NBC affiliate in Denver and is owned by TEGNA. Colorado’s News Leader for over 60 years, 9NEWS signed on the air in 1952 as KBTV, changing to KUSA in 1984. 9NEWS broadcasts KUSA (9.1), 9NEWS NOW (9.2), The Justice Network (9.3), KTVD (20.1) and MeTV (20.2). Additionally 9NEWS operates the website 9NEWS.COM and has a strong social media presence.
At 9NEWS, all of us are here for something greater than ourselves – the opportunity to serve the greater good of our communities. Day in and day out, you will find people dedicated to improving our communities with passion for advocacy, pride in community service and above all, excellence in journalism.