Job Title Fighting Irish Media, Production Intern (Live Events)
The Production Intern (Live Events) is responsible for performing a variety of tasks in support of the Live Events arm of Fighting Irish Media. Responsibilities include assisting live digital and linear broadcast production of Notre Dame games and live shows covering 26 varsity sports, and also videoboard entertainment for Football, Basketball, Hockey, Volleyball and other athletic venues that may have videoboard displays in the future. Duties also include directing, running cameras and replay, and supporting short-form video features, highlight packages, and graphics. Experience with control room equipment in a live setting is mandatory. Candidate is expected to thrive in and enhance team culture, to be self-organized, industry-knowledgeable, a fan of sports, and have a love for the work – to celebrate the unique journey of our student-athletes and coaches. This position requires a 1-year commitment.
The Fighting Irish Internship Program attracts individuals who have a strong commitment to excellence, desire to contribute to the student-athlete experience, and are intensely curious about the business of college athletics. Our program will give you day-to-day work experience in a collegiate athletic department setting where you will immediately add value through job responsibilities and assignments. Our program also commits to helping you develop as a professional with bi-weekly meetings to include personality assessments; guest speakers; luncheons with senior administration; soft skill development; field trips; and much more. Lastly, we strive to provide you with broad knowledge and learning opportunities regarding the industry as a whole that will come through the assignment of a ‘Coach’ to help you grow; special project assignments and various other opportunities to learn about the industry and grow beyond your daily responsibilities.
Teamwork is critical in what we do. Some work from our team can be viewed here: goo.gl/o2rQzA
Visit www.und.com to learn more.
• The Production Intern is required to have a deep passion and understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite, with a focus in Premiere.
• This position will also require a basic understanding of shooting and editing footage, with the mindset to want to continue developing a skill set in all areas of production.
• This position will assist with posting content to UND.com and digital platforms.
• This position must have a flexible schedule to accommodate the 26 varsity sports and their requirements.
• This position must have an undergraduate degree, but no prior work experience is necessary.
• Organizational and time management skills are required to perform assigned duties.
• Learning and abiding by NCAA and ACC rules is mandatory.
-Department Athletics Digital Media (11017)
-Department Website und.com
-Family / Sub-Family No Eprism / Intern_No Eprism
-Career Stream/Level Intern
-Department Hiring Pay Range $8.65/hr.
-Pay ID Bi-Weekly
-FLSA Status S3 - FT Non-exempt Hourly
-Job Category Internship
-Job Type Full-time
-Schedule: Days of Week & Hours 40+ hours per week. Some nights/weekends and overtime required.
-Schedule: Hours/Week 40+
-Schedule: # of months 12
Posting Detail Information
The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and others that will enhance our community. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Posting Detail Information
-Job Posting Date (Campus) - 05/15/2018
-Job Posting Date (Public) - 05/15/2018
-Job Closing Date - 05/22/2018
-Posting Type - Open To All Applicants
-Posting Number - S18434
Advertising & Screening Information
Quick Link for Internal Postings
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
1. * Please describe at least two video productions you have participated in within the past year. What role(s) did you play in the production? How long was the finished video? Where was it aired or posted? If there is a link available please provide it as part of your answer.
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed to Apply
1. Resume/Curriculum Vitae
2. Cover Letter/Letter of Application