The Assistant Director of Multimedia is responsible for creating and managing digital content for Housing & Dining Services, including videos, photos, and informational/promotional campaigns for social media, digital signs, websites, and other digital media. This position supervises a Multimedia Team that includes a full-time Web and Multimedia Coordinator as well as Social Media and Photography student intern(s). This position has on-call duties and serves as a backup for media inquiries and crisis communications. The Assistant Director of Multimedia reports to the Director of Communications and Sustainability and serves on the office’s Leadership Team.
Within the Housing & Dining Services Communications and Sustainability office, this position collaborates with team members from Creative, Project Management, Web Development, and Sustainability to create engaging and inclusive campaigns and projects that support and enhance the mission, vision, and values of the department. Audiences range from prospective students and current residents to campus partners and internal staff.
For full details and to apply, please click on the external application.
For full consideration, apply by 8/26/2018, 11:59 pm (MT).
CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer and conducts background checks on all final candidates.
Experience / Skills
Required Job Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, computer-mediated/digital communication, public relations, marketing, or broadcast journalism with a minimum of three years of digital media experience OR Bachelor’s degree in unrelated field with a minimum of five years experience in digital media
• Demonstrated experience developing dynamic content for digital platforms, including videos and photos for web and social media, as demonstrated through a portfolio
• Demonstrated project management experience
• Demonstrated working knowledge of video filming and editing software
• Demonstrated experience working with people from different backgrounds (e.g. race, culture, gender, etc.)
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Master of Science/Art degree
• Journalism or media relations experience
• Experience in higher education
• Experience with digital signs and Four Winds software
• Knowledge of UX/UI for web and/or content management systems
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud
• Ability to write scripts and content for digital media
• Experience supervising full-time and/or student employees